I am having an issue with the USB rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting. It's happening on two different computers - work pc and home. Brand new bb as both VZW and Blackberry thought it was the bb USB port so VZW sent me a warranty phone with 4.5 OS. Tried three different USB cords yet the wall charger works with no problems. It happens whether I'm running Desktop Manager or not - Device Manager or not. I can watch the 'Device Connected (PIN):' populate and then say 'None' and back and forth. It's preventing my BB from syncing.

I've also tried multiple USB ports with the same effect. Run all the updates. Tried updating drivers. Ran Windows Update, etc. etc. etc. Twenty minutes or more later after I have disconnected the phone I'll hear the disconnect tone. That's wierd.

Thanks in advance.
    01-24-09 08:09 AM
    If this has happened with two computers, and two different phones. My guess it is not the phone. THis is a tough call, as you have done a lot already. Sorry
    01-24-09 08:16 AM
    The work PC will connect usually with no problems. Only a few times have I had to plug in the cord more than once for a connection and recognition by the PC that it is plugged in. The work PC is also the one that makes the disconnected tone twenty minutes later.

Home PC sux, I'm thinking it's my USB ports-I don't think any of them are 2.0, not sure if that makes a difference but I never had a problem with connection on my old 8703e.
    Last edited by spedrcr; 01-24-09 at 08:32 AM.
    01-24-09 08:27 AM
    Then I think you heading down the right path. Try a computer with good 2.0 ports and see if this helps. Also are you using a hub or plugging directly into the port?
    01-24-09 08:34 AM
    Plugging directly in the port.
    01-24-09 08:40 AM
    I have had the same problem... I just needed to restart my computer and It worked fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 08:42 AM
    I have had the same problem... I just needed to restart my computer and It worked fine

great idea if this has not been. This is my mantra, when in doubt reboot
    01-24-09 08:45 AM
    I have the same problem with the 8220. But it only started after about one month. Ding-disconnected, ding-connected, ding-disconnected, etc. Of course, the desktop apps go crazy
    04-16-09 10:11 PM
    You might check to see what processes the computer is running while the BlackBerry is connected. It seems to me like it is a driver issue, and the computer (I assume your running Vista), is continuously attempting to reinstall the drivers.
    04-16-09 10:17 PM
    Sometimes the USB port gets loose in the phone. Try the following, if you prop the BB on something so it lies down at an angle and causes the USB cable to put pressure on one side of the port or the other to get it to maintain contact it might work. That is how I do backups and updates on my BB.

04-16-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD