Wasap crackberry family. I saw a post about deleting default themes (the ones the phone come with). I went to the website (which my browser deleted the link) and chose to delete the themes. I did all of this OTA. I am running os 4.5.89 on a blackberry curve 8330. So what ended up happening was that it deleted all of my themes I've downloaded but kept two. Now at first I didn't mind that because I would just download the themes all over. I tried downloading same themes, they fully download and everything but do not appear on "themes" section but they do appear on tools>advance options>applications. So this is why I need your help, what do I need to do in order to start downloading themes all over and be able to use them? I've done the battery pull trick along with the soft reset.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 03:56 AM
    One of the things that you MUST NEVER DELETE are the default themes. These contain all the neccessary resources that other themes use. The BBDimension ZEN theme contains most of the resources and must never be removed. If you run an L theme then you also need BBDimension L to support your theme and so on.

You need to download the exact same OS as is on your phone and make sure that you have Desktop Manager 4.6 with no media manager installed. MAke sure that your phone connects correctly.

Download and install CrackMem from the link in my signature - it's free. Read the Help file.

Install the OS on your PC and run CrackMem which should show your OS as being installed. Now you can remove the carrier themes but it won't touch the BBDimension themes.

Connect your phone and run DM and it should put everything back as it should be.

Now, how to find your lost themes. I think that they are gone. DO you have a Media Card or a PC Backup of them? If not then I am afraid it's download time again.
    01-10-09 04:19 AM
    Thanks for your help pete. I will try all of this right now and will come back to let you know how everything went. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 04:29 AM
    wow wth now my "browser" is gone ! i'm going to take the phone to sprint and hopefully they can re-boot it or something ! thanks though pete!
    01-10-09 05:29 AM
    wow wth now my "browser" is gone ! i'm going to take the phone to sprint and hopefully they can re-boot it or something ! thanks though pete!
    The browser has gone because you have not yet re-sent your Service Books after the upgrade.

Here's how to do this How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-10-09 05:36 AM
    this is still not working. im really but really lost. i cannot download new themes, i dont got old themes, besides the bb dimension zen theme. i need help please. really all i want to do is get the other two default themes for my 8330 so i can start downloading themes again
    Last edited by youngspider; 01-12-09 at 03:35 PM.
    01-12-09 03:30 PM
    Pete, perhaps YS should downgrade to a previous OS first then reinstall the original OS per your instructions. This might get him a clean install before he starts removing things.
    01-12-09 03:57 PM
    Pete, perhaps YS should downgrade to a previous OS first then reinstall the original OS per your instructions. This might get him a clean install before he starts removing things.
    that is exactly what is crossing my mind. thank for your input wnm. i am currently getting help from pete. hopefully we can solve this.
    01-12-09 04:18 PM
    Good luck.
    01-12-09 06:37 PM
    If your browser icon is still missing after you sent servicebooks it is because your bb needs to be provisioned again. I had the same issue a while back after upgrading.
    First Go to Options/Advance Options/Host routing table/menu (bb logo button)/register now
    You will be sent a sms message that says your bb was registered then see if that helps make the browser icon come back.

If that doesn't work and sending service books from the web then my next suggestion is calling a CS rep adn thelling them your bb needs to be reprovisioned.
    01-12-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD