Hello all,

Not sure what my son did to my BBCURVE 8310. Wallpaper and theme were changed, contacts gone, pictures gone! Time was wrong, programmed alarm was off. I have a password, but I think he took the battery out and my sim card. Was able to retrieve contacts but not all of them, but what is important are my pictures..anyway to recover them? Where did the pictures go? and what did my son do to my phone?
    05-06-09 11:15 AM
    I know that if you incorrectly imput a password wrong 10 times, it will wipe the phone, its a safety mechanize to protect your information from people who try to steal the phone if its password protected. Its possible thats what happened if you had it locked. If thats the case, to my knowledge, there is no way to restore that information.

I see it happen often in my line of work, always recommend the desktop manager, its a blackberries life line
    05-06-09 11:21 AM
    The only way I know is reconnect it to your desktop software. I hope you backed them up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 11:23 AM
    Wow, that is most likely what happened. He tried to figure out my password and my phone wiped itself clean. What is this Desktop Manager? Have a link where I can read more on it? Thanks for your replies, I did not back anything up .
    05-06-09 11:28 AM
    The deskstop manager is the disk that comes with your phone. You are pretty much SOL since you didn't back it up. Sorry.
    05-06-09 11:32 AM
    The deskstop manager is the disk that comes with your phone. You are pretty much SOL since you didn't back it up. Sorry.
    yeah, and the son gets a beating for messing with your phone.
    05-06-09 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager is supplied on a CD packaged with a new BlackBerry. It is also available directly from BlackBerry support.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

The preferred choice is v4.6 English, without Roxio Media Manager.

Once you have installed it, connect your BlackBerry and use the Backup feature to make sure this never happens again.

BlackBerry takes security violations seriously. There is no way to recover wiped data.
    05-06-09 11:34 AM
    Well, he didn't get a beating but he sure did get an earful and no PSP for a week. Thanks everyone!!
    05-06-09 11:37 AM
    Well, he didn't get a beating but he sure did get an earful and no PSP for a week. Thanks everyone!!
    No PSP for a week, that's pretty much a beating to a lot of kids. Add dishes, yard work and trash duty for a month and you got a good old fashion beat down! And if the little angel has a computer, reformat his hard drive, that way he'll understand what he did to the phone.
    05-06-09 12:56 PM
    No PSP for a week, that's pretty much a beating to a lot of kids. Add dishes, yard work and trash duty for a month and you got a good old fashion beat down! And if the little angel has a computer, reformat his hard drive, that way he'll understand what he did to the phone.
    Oh my gah that had me seriously LOLing! hahahaha good on bear!
    05-06-09 01:06 PM
    Brilliant!! The punishment fits the crime AND it teaches a lesson! I say do it.
    05-06-09 01:11 PM
    Wiping his computer clean was actually a first thought but I thought it was "too much" but you are right..the punishment does fit the crime. HAH.
    05-06-09 01:41 PM
    If your pictures were on a media card, put the media card in a dedicated reader, then use photorec on a computer. That program scans media cards for erased files, and can recover a lot, especially if you don't overwrite anything by copying files back onto the card.

If they were on internal memory, your only option is restoring a backup from the desktop manager.
    05-06-09 01:45 PM
    The best way to recover deleted files like photos and videos is to use a data recovery software. You may follow this step by step guide: blackberry data recvoery

There's some other guide you may follow, like this one
    http://photorecoveryhelper.wordpress...om-cellphones/
    Last edited by donalbrown3; 10-15-13 at 09:14 PM.
    10-11-13 05:24 AM
    Yeah it actually did. If phone not backed up and security wipe happened due to password put in wrong 10 times. Then data is lost. If saved on media card then may be able to recover with said software. Only if the media card has not saved anything after the event.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD