Hi There!

Ok, so I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 phone, and love it. Anyways, lately I have noticed that I keep missing calls, texts, emails, and I swear I never heard my phone ring. I called my own phone and it wouldn't ring. So, I was in my Media and checking out the Ringtones and they were not playing at all, I can't get any of them to work. I think the media player is not working or something.

Now, I don't know if this is a little bug from the latest Blackberry update thing I did a few weeks ago. But I have tried to look up a solution on Blackberry.com and their help/support system sucks, and I'm getting no where so I am here and asking you kind smart people to see if you have any idea of what to do.

No, I haven't dropped my phone, and I haven't got it wet, nothing. The ringtones just stopped working and now I can't hear my phone ring at all. HELP and thank you for your time!
    10-13-09 06:38 PM
    OS 4.5.0.160 and 4.5.0.169 have a known bug where ringtones and custom profiles settings are lost, but will reset when a battery pull is done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 07:00 PM
    Thank you so much! It worked! You are worthy of the title 'CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses' and why I didn't think to do that in the first place is really beyond me, and I've spent some time whining about the whole thing.

Thanks again!
    10-13-09 07:06 PM
    No problem. However, doing a reset is only a temporary fix, the problem will recur.

For all of you on the above OS versions experiencing the disappearing ringtones or losing your custom profile settings, which only a battery pull reset will restore. The only permanent fix is to do the following:

Download the profile.cod files in the following link and extract the files in the .zip file.

4.5.0.131 profile.cod files

Then open a file explorer window on your computer and navigate to the following folder: C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS folder\Java. Copy the .cod files in the downloaded folder into your Java folder.

Then connect your BB to your USB port, and go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and double-click on the loader.exe file to load the changed OS on your BB.

This will permanently fix the problems you are having with lost ringtones and custom profile settings while using OS .160 and .169

FYI, there have been no reports of lost ringtones or profile settings on 4.5.0.170, so you can upgrade to .170 instead.
    10-13-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD