My phone was replaced due to a keyboard problem. Since then I can hardly get any volume out of my ringtones, personalized or preloaded. Also, when I recieve an incoming call it rings on the callers end two complete times before it starts ringing on my end. Between not being able hear the ringer and then it ringing so long before I get to it I am missing lots of calls. I am lost when it comes to getting this figured out.
    04-17-09 05:05 PM
    Looks like it is time for another replacement, if it is still under warranty.

The speaker is dead / dying, and should be replaced. (If not still under warranty, I have seen people refered to cnn.cn for bb parts)

The 2 rings on the incoming before your phone rings is the network trying to find your phone. Some carriers provide ringback while finding your device, others do not present ringback until your device is actually ringing (not sure how Sprint operates). If you didn't have a problem with this with your old device, it could be the receiver in your replacement is not working properly, and needs to be replaced. (If not still under waqrranty, I'm not sure what to do, I don't think that is a Field Replacable Unit)
    04-17-09 05:19 PM
    Looks like it is time for another replacement, if it is still under warranty.

The speaker is dead / dying, and should be replaced. (If not still under warranty, I have seen people refered to cnn.cn for bb parts)

The 2 rings on the incoming before your phone rings is the network trying to find your phone. Some carriers provide ringback while finding your device, others do not present ringback until your device is actually ringing (not sure how Sprint operates). If you didn't have a problem with this with your old device, it could be the receiver in your replacement is not working properly, and needs to be replaced. (If not still under waqrranty, I'm not sure what to do, I don't think that is a Field Replacable Unit)
    Thanks. It is under warranty so I'll bring it in on Monday and once again have it replaced. I have had Sprint all along and never had the problem with the incoming rings before so that is probably another problem with the replacement. Got myself a lemon...lol.

Thanks again!
    04-17-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD