is a p.o.s.! The charging cord doesn't fit tight into the charging port and when I have it plugged into the computer and I move the BB around, it keeps reconnecting to the computer. Pulling up mass storage camera software apps etc.

Also, the video camera and camera do not work. I go to the camera and I get a black screen and it's locked up. I can exit back out to the main menu screen. The video camera has the same black screen and is frozen and I have to do a battery pull to exit. It freezes completely. There have been times where I have seen images through the lens on the screen but it does nothing. Also have seen a bright green screen as well in camera mode.

I've deleted and re-installed core 4.5 components to no avail. It seems like a software issue because it's basically frozen. I haven't yet completely erased my phone of everything and re-installed it all. That's the last thing I know to do but I'm wondering if it's worth it if I'm gonna just have them order another one for me due to the charging port issue. I'm thinking no.

Luckily I'm under a year so I don't have to pay anything. They'll just swap mine back out for another one. It will be a week Tuesday with the replacement. It's my 3rd 8330. Looking at my 4th...in almost a year. 1st week in August will be. All software or component issues. Grrrr!
    08-01-09 06:57 PM
    See if they will let you upgrade early to the Tour. If you had 3 8330 devices they might agree if you pay the the 2 year upgrade price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:49 PM
    See if they will let you upgrade early to the Tour. If you had 3 8330 devices they might agree if you pay the the 2 year upgrade price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They offered me a Storm because I've had 3 replacements. But I declined.

@OP Maybe they'll give you a free Tour if you ask nicely?
    08-01-09 07:59 PM
    I am on my 6th replacement for the Curve 8330 since last September. I have gone through 3 Curves in the last 3 weeks! I can do an early upgrade but will loose my $100 credit. I called VZW and asked if they would allow me my credit early so I can buy another BB, but they basically keep giving me the run around. I am a long time customer...I don't know why they won't do it. If the phone wasn't a problem I wouldn't ask for the early upgrade with the $100, but I feel its not my fault they keep giving me bad refurbished phones! I don't know what to do...do the early upgrade without the $100 so I can get a working phone, just keep bringing the phone back and getting a refurbished one, or wait it out until Jan. 2010 till I can do the upgrade???? ugh!
    08-02-09 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD