never get drunk around ur blackberry!

-i think my bb got a little wet last night, so i took the battery out n let it air day over night. i left the battery exposed in my car and wen i went to grab it, it was boiling hot. i put it in my phone it turned on for about... 2 mins and as i was using it, screen went completely white and turned off. now it doesnt turn on at all. all i get is a red light wen i put the battery in...

also wen i plug it into my pc it tells me the device i connected is malfunctioning.

what could b the problem? the phone or do u think i can replace the battery?!
    05-09-09 02:06 PM
    If it got wet lastnight a good thing you did was remove the battery, chances are it is still history. If you would have put it in a bag of rice you might could have saved it, you can still try that but the damage may already be done. If you put it in there leave it for a day. Then put the battery back in and see what happens. The rice will absorb the moisture if there is any left in there. In most cases even if the rice works the corrosion process will still happen and it will malfunction at some point. Hopefully you can still save it but I'm not sure. You might also try the how to recover a dead blackberry if you get it to power on and nothing happens. Let us know the status.
    Good luck...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 05-09-09 at 02:39 PM.
    05-09-09 02:16 PM
    If its just the red light or red light and a lightning on the screen, your battery is gone. Had same exact thing happen a while ago. Batteries are cheap so no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 02:39 PM
    it didnt get soaked.. just a little wet and its the 2nd time this happens.

could it be the battery though? that was sitting in the hot sun for almost 8 hours? im going to try to see if i find another battery to try it out.
    05-09-09 02:39 PM
    If it was that hot then yes ther is a pretty strong possiblity that the battery fried itself. Not to sound rude but sounds like you need to take better care of you BB!
    05-09-09 02:48 PM
    it didnt get soaked.. just a little wet and its the 2nd time this happens.

could it be the battery though? that was sitting in the hot sun for almost 8 hours? im going to try to see if i find another battery to try it out.
    Oh yeah I would try that for sure to see what happens. If it didn't get that wet you might just have to replace the battery. Keep your fingers crossed and us informed...
    05-09-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD