I got a phone call from the police last night telling me I had dialed emergency and when they answered no one answered and needed to know if I was in danger? My only guess is that the emergency call option somehow popped up on my phone and by some power clicked it and dialed it?

It's weird because when I lock my keypad it only pops that emergency call up once in a while. Is there a way I can stop this from happening? I looked up in forums but I might be blind and couldn't see it I apologize if this has been posted.

And thank you for any help or suggestions
    05-03-08 12:47 AM
    I have never had the emergency call pop up on my phone. Sorry....
    05-03-08 12:50 AM
    You may want to do a battery pull..... It should fix most problems.....
    05-03-08 12:50 AM
    I have mine set to lock after one minute. I always get promps for emergency calls. But if I push it, it asks again am I sure I want to make an emergency call.
    05-03-08 12:53 AM
    i think im just going to turn this phone in, the camera broke a week after getting it. I've just been working so much i never seem to want to get up and put up with the people at AT&T, ugh.

But thank you both
    05-03-08 01:37 AM
    I have mine set to lock after one minute. I always get promps for emergency calls. But if I push it, it asks again am I sure I want to make an emergency call.
    Yeah, mine does that too - when the keyboard is locked, if you scroll down and choose emergency call you have to say yes AGAIN to "Are you sure you want to make an emergency call?"
    05-03-08 02:32 AM
    I happens ALL day everyday ... I answer those calls.
    Put that phone on Standby mode when not in use. It will help with your battery life but more importantly I won't have to hear you trying to sing Genie In a Bottle while driving down the freeway.
    05-03-08 07:28 AM
    Maybe it panicked because it was in your pocket, thought it had been kidnapped and tried to get help?
    Meh, I got nothin'.
    05-03-08 10:47 PM
    lol funni

Maybe it panicked because it was in your pocket, thought it had been kidnapped and tried to get help?
    Meh, I got nothin'.
    05-04-08 12:53 AM
    Meh, I got nothin'.
    hahaha!!
    05-08-08 09:21 AM
    I happens ALL day everyday ... I answer those calls.
    Put that phone on Standby mode when not in use. It will help with your battery life but more importantly I won't have to hear you trying to sing Genie In a Bottle while driving down the freeway.
    I'm with you on this one. I have been a Supervisor in a 911 Centre for the last 20 years and nothing causes us more problems than this. The keypad lock does not keep your phone from dialling 911. Depending on the phone, the emergency dial feature is activated by simply pressing and holding one of the keys down for a short period of time. Other times it is just random numbers being pressed but one time you happen to hit the 9 1 1 sequence. This is why we always ask that your phone not be kept in your pocket or kept on your belt while seated, as then the buttons get pressed.

I have yet to find a cell phone provider that has any clue about the 911 emergency dial feature. Everyone that has been called by our centre has had no clue that the emergency dial feature on their phone even exists. Please use caution when carrying your phone and should you accidentally dial 911 and know it, please stay on the line and let the Centre personnel know what happened.

Mike
    05-08-08 11:27 AM
    Enable content protection, I just turned on the password and you won't get the option to place emergency calls.
    Also handy if you travel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 02:52 PM
    Meh, I got nothin'.
    I like that funny
    01-10-10 08:29 PM
    My bb cane with voicemail programed to speed dial 1… I have seen some phones with 1 programmed for 911… Check your speed dial keys to see if one in programmed to 911..
    01-10-10 10:51 PM
    Someone must've been sleep walking (or calling?) lately!
    01-11-10 09:33 AM
    Use standby. Done.
    01-11-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD