just under 4 weeks, huh? i'm going into three weeks waiting on mine. yours turned out really nice!

makes me excited! maybe i missed it but did you paint the buttons bronzed like that?
    02-01-09 08:42 PM
    After seeing the Black housings threads I was really digging the look, but wanted to do my own painting. So I thought I'd buy an all white housing and then paint my original one black. (This will be another thread in the future...it has yet to be done)

I had promised videos of the disassembly and reassembly, but I wasn't able to get a camera and was too anxious to put it on. There were a few glitches along the way, but it was really quite easy. I have noticed that the top faceplate doesn't want to sit flush on the sides up towards the screen. I'm hoping this doesn't cause any dust issues in the future.

Anyway I bought the housing kit from truesupplier.com and it took just under 4 weeks to get to me from China. The kit included. Front Faceplate/Back Battery Cover/Black Side Rubbers (with buttons)/Bottom Antenna Cover/Home Row Keys/Black Track Ball (with the thin black ring around it unlike the ones sold from cnn.cn)/Black Keypad/Main Plastic Inner Construction (I didn't use this because it would appear that I would have had to do alot of swapping of parts from the original like battery connections, antenna, etc. which may be one of the reasons the faceplate doesn't sit flush.)/T5 and T6 magnetic Screwdrivers. All this cost me like 55 bucks.

All plastic seems durable and not cheap. Everything appears to be OEM. I will say the white on the Battery Cover is slightly dull compared to the Antenna and Faceplate color. I've come to ignore it since I am usually just looking at the front. Pictures don't really show the difference.

Anyway...PICTURES!!!

Forgot to mention while I had the phone apart I markered the LEDs on the Keypad Blue.

That is very nice looking.... What theme / OS are you running. I love this out come thanks for show
    02-01-09 08:50 PM
    I have TS white too its cool..

What theme is that you are using?
    It's called the Bold Curve Sans...pretty sure I found it on the 83XX Theme Board here on Crackberry. It's my favorite theme...haven't changed it to anything else since I downloaded it...it was free too! The display is so cool I haven't even thrown up my own picture or anything.

Found the theme...turns out it looks almost just like the Tom1 8900 Replica Theme that someone else mentioned they thought it was. Here's the one I have though.

I tried to link it but it's not working...not sure why. The thread is titled Bold Theme for Curve. It's the Anti-aliased Font one!

That is very nice looking.... What theme / OS are you running. I love this out come thanks for show
    As you can see it's been mentioned already.
    02-01-09 09:01 PM
    The white looks really good. I'm going to have to order a white housing for mine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 10:21 PM
    Do they make the white housing like this for the 8330? I checked their website and I didn't see one.
    02-02-09 07:42 AM
    I have a question regarding the housings for BB's. I don't own a BB as of yet, but plan on getting the 8330 in 2 weeks (waiting for payday).

Is it something that is really odd to have a nice housing like that, where it goes all the way around the BB completely instead of just a "case?"

Just wondering why everybody is so "impressed" with this, aside from the fact that it looks freakin' awesome!! This will be my first BB, as you can tell.
    02-02-09 07:46 AM
    I have a question regarding the housings for BB's. I don't own a BB as of yet, but plan on getting the 8330 in 2 weeks (waiting for payday).

Is it something that is really odd to have a nice housing like that, where it goes all the way around the BB completely instead of just a "case?"

Just wondering why everybody is so "impressed" with this, aside from the fact that it looks freakin' awesome!! This will be my first BB, as you can tell.
    Well not everyone will do a housing swap, because it voids the warranty. It's not just a simple snap off snap on kind of thing. It requires probably 5-10 minutes to take off and put on a new housing. You you'll have to unscrew like 6 screws I think, using two different small screwdrivers. It's really not that hard though. Good luck.
    02-02-09 02:06 PM
    maybe i missed it but did you paint the buttons bronzed like that?
    I kind of covered this...I believe it's just a play off the lights in my room being a different color than the bright white flash of the camera. The home row keys are sivler just like the rest.

I may try painting my other home row keys black though. It will mean lossing the icons on the buttons, but I've had it long enough to know which ones do what.
    02-02-09 02:10 PM
    Do they make the white housing like this for the 8330? I checked their website and I didn't see one.
    None of the stores that you see mention here (and mostly everywhere else on CB) - truesupplier, cnn.cn, et al cary the "white" housings for the 8330. The do have black (often out of stock), red, pink, silver, and titanium. I have a white 8330 and got the housing from UK-Hitech on ebay ... actually, I didn't buy the entire housing, they have just the faceplate, battery cover, and bottom available as a set instead of the entire housing ... this was much easier to swap than the whole thing.
    02-26-09 12:39 PM
    None of the stores that you see mention here (and mostly everywhere else on CB) - truesupplier, cnn.cn, et al cary the "white" housings for the 8330. The do have black (often out of stock), red, pink, silver, and titanium. I have a white 8330 and got the housing from UK-Hitech on ebay ... actually, I didn't buy the entire housing, they have just the faceplate, battery cover, and bottom available as a set instead of the entire housing ... this was much easier to swap than the whole thing.
    We offer "Blizzard" white housings for the 8330, check them out -
    Home page
    03-19-09 09:23 PM
    loooks hot but would look even better if u had the black send and end buttons like the ones on the 8330
    03-19-09 10:03 PM
    I love the all white
    03-20-09 07:47 PM
    This looks SICK!
    03-20-09 07:50 PM
    After seeing the Black housings threads I was really digging the look, but wanted to do my own painting. So I thought I'd buy an all white housing and then paint my original one black. (This will be another thread in the future...it has yet to be done)

I had promised videos of the disassembly and reassembly, but I wasn't able to get a camera and was too anxious to put it on. There were a few glitches along the way, but it was really quite easy. I have noticed that the top faceplate doesn't want to sit flush on the sides up towards the screen. I'm hoping this doesn't cause any dust issues in the future.

Anyway I bought the housing kit from truesupplier.com and it took just under 4 weeks to get to me from China. The kit included. Front Faceplate/Back Battery Cover/Black Side Rubbers (with buttons)/Bottom Antenna Cover/Home Row Keys/Black Track Ball (with the thin black ring around it unlike the ones sold from cnn.cn)/Black Keypad/Main Plastic Inner Construction (I didn't use this because it would appear that I would have had to do alot of swapping of parts from the original like battery connections, antenna, etc. which may be one of the reasons the faceplate doesn't sit flush.)/T5 and T6 magnetic Screwdrivers. All this cost me like 55 bucks.

All plastic seems durable and not cheap. Everything appears to be OEM. I will say the white on the Battery Cover is slightly dull compared to the Antenna and Faceplate color. I've come to ignore it since I am usually just looking at the front. Pictures don't really show the difference.

Anyway...PICTURES!!!

Forgot to mention while I had the phone apart I markered the LEDs on the Keypad Blue.
    Did I miss this before? If so, it looks great. Well done buddy.
    03-20-09 07:50 PM
    loooks hot but would look even better if u had the black send and end buttons like the ones on the 8330
    I think it is very hot in its current form actually.
    03-20-09 07:51 PM
    Yep. Smokin'.
    03-20-09 08:07 PM
    Love it! I can't decide if I want an all black one, or all white. I think that white will turn more heads, but I like the stealth look of the black.
    03-20-09 08:39 PM
    That is one sweet looking blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 10:29 PM
    Love it! I can't decide if I want an all black one, or all white. I think that white will turn more heads, but I like the stealth look of the black.
    Same here. I want a StormBerry, but I wonder if all-white will look too iPhony (pun unintended).

The thin is, is it possible to do true ALL white? Side rails, top, etc.?
    03-20-09 10:31 PM
    Sorry guys I had taken down my photos and forgot about this thread. I posted them back up and they can be seen on the first page.

After having the White Housing for several month now I have some additional things to say about it.

The fact that it wasn't quite snug to the screen was allowing dust to get in and I still have to take it apart every once in awhile and clean the screen.

The bottom piece and faceplate seem to be made out of a different material than the back battery cover. The bottom and faceplate are a black plastic that has been painted or colored in some way. So when it gets drop the result is a white housing with black scratches. It has to be dropped pretty good to get these black marks though.

The battery cover on the other had seems to be made of a white plastic, but the colors are slightly different between the batt cover and the faceplate/bottom. After 3 or 4 months the plastic thing that clamps to the housing broke and the batt cover would no longer stay clamped. I used it like that for probably a month before just putting my original titanium batt cover on. So now my BB looks like an old car that's been in several accidents and has different colored fenders...haha.

Well those are my observations after owning this Housing for sometime. Hope this helps.
    07-30-09 12:38 AM
    I wish it had the black home row keys as well. Unfortunately they don't make them for the 8320...unless something has changed in the past several months? I haven't been too active here.
    07-30-09 12:45 AM
    Wow! I gotta say Dude! That's smooth!

Peace
    Last edited by tediprude; 07-30-09 at 01:42 AM. Reason: mispelled word
    07-30-09 01:42 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD