No...i'm not getting Alzhemiers...(at least i hope not).

I have about 1,000 contact names and my phone came with 1 gig of memory.

I
    -HAVE NO ADDITIONAL APS (OTHER than what came with the phone)
    -am using the BB desktop program
    -am using Outlook to Sync all my contact numbers.

NOW
    I checked the media card and see that all my memory is gone (except for 27.3MB....

WHERE
    did all my memory go?

PS. i don't see any email files other than those showing inbox. Maybe the old ones are stored somewhere....???

thanks n advance!
    Last edited by tcw; 05-01-09 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ede
    05-01-09 09:58 AM
    First try a battery reset, with deive powered on, pull the battery for about 20 seconds and replace it. Are you keeping picture, music, and video on the device memory? If so move it to your memory card. Also in the options of the camera make sure that it set to write to the memory card. Then click on the memory link in my signature
    05-01-09 10:02 AM
    thanks...

...but all stored information "appears" to be located in the Media Card.

Is is normal to take up that much space with 1000 contact names?
    05-01-09 10:30 AM
    I think you are looking at the card memory right. If that is the case just your music,tones,and pics would be there. I think your contacts are part of the bb memory. (could be wrong here) I would pull the card and use a reader to see what all is on it. I do not use the blackberry software on a pc so I am not sure how to check it from your pc through bb.

I saw on one post that if your device is set up for mass storage that an icon shows up on your desktop and you can view or change stuff on the card there.
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 05-01-09 at 10:48 AM.
    05-01-09 10:35 AM
    Does anyone think that 1000 names would take up 1 gig of memory?
    05-01-09 10:43 AM
    tom is right. If you enable mass storage mode then you can drag and drop files to and from the device. If you just wanna see what's on both the device memory and the media card go to media>explore>media card/device memory. This will show you what is being stored where. Hope this helps...
    05-01-09 10:43 AM
    Your contact list is in device memory, not your media card. If you're looking at file free, that reading of 27.3 would be appropriate.

Your media card is storage for data, not device memory, and that number is found at Options>Media Card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:46 AM
    Does anyone think that 1000 names would take up 1 gig of memory?
    Not a chance, that is several orders of magnitude too big. 1000 contact records, averaging 1000 bytes each is 1 Mb. It takes 1000 Mb to make a Gb.

Your contacts are saved in device memory, you can verify that with:

Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes.

You will see an listing for contacts, that is the number and space used for them.
    05-01-09 12:55 PM
    Yeah, but the 8330 does not "come with 1 gig of memory".
    05-01-09 05:15 PM
    Thanks Man. I checked the files and there is one file that looks peculiar called "ReadyBoost.cfcache"

This file is taking up 870 mb...

...anyone familiar with this?

tom is right. If you enable mass storage mode then you can drag and drop files to and from the device. If you just wanna see what's on both the device memory and the media card go to media>explore>media card/device memory. This will show you what is being stored where. Hope this helps...
    Last edited by tcw; 05-02-09 at 10:16 AM.
    05-02-09 10:05 AM
    Windows Vista: Increase System Memory (RAM) Using Readyboost | Computer Tips and Tricks

Windows Vista: Increase System Memory (RAM) Using Readyboost

Some of you might be interested in increasing your computer�s random access memory (RAM). If you cannot afford to purchase a memory module due to financial constraints but have an extra USB drive (flash drive), try increasing your system memory to speed up the loading of your computer and softwares using the buit-in Readyboost utility in Windows Vista. ...
    It appears, you are using your media card as additional memory for your computer.

05-02-09 10:15 AM
    Hmmm....

The only program i am using in conjuction with my BB is Outlook....

Could this be a file that "Outlook Uses?"

Windows Vista: Increase System Memory (RAM) Using Readyboost | Computer Tips and Tricks

It appears, you are using your media card as additional memory for your computer.

Last edited by tcw; 05-02-09 at 10:58 AM.
    05-02-09 10:27 AM
    battery pull....
    05-02-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD