so, i've had my curve (8300) since December and am completely in love with it. My wife, who had been using an AT&T 8525 and was enjoying it for the most part, was not a crack(berry) head...that changed this afternoon.

last week, my wife had rolled around the idea of getting a BB because she was "in a mood" and hating her phone...but, even after I went around (including on here ) trying to figure out how to get her a BB, she changed her mind. No harm. No foul I suppose.

Yesterday, my wife managed to fry her 8525...and was very upset about it. In my effort to get her a new phone quickly (and knowing full damn well I couldn't afford to just go buy one) I managed to get my hands on an old Pearl 8100 that...uhh...kinda worked. The phone, a freebie from a coworker of mine (and fellow BB owner/user), still had 16 days left on the warranty...so, after 45 minutes on the phone getting bounced around I managed to get warranty to send me a replacement Pearl. Which arrived in the mail at my office this afternoon.

If my wife weren't sick today she'd probably be more stoked...but, otherwise, she seems to really like the phone so far. Hopefully she joins me in the ranks of being a full blow crack(berry) head sooner rather than later. lol.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get us hooked up through BB Messenger :-/
    03-12-08 08:44 PM
    welcome to the forums...

here ya go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/

-db
    03-12-08 08:55 PM
    Congrats on being totally BB. Now if only my husband would switch, life would be great. He is in love with his flip phone so a BB is out of the question for a while. As far as BB Messenger, I don't personally use it. Sorry I can't help. Enjoy the world of Crackberry!
    03-12-08 08:56 PM
    I wish I could get my husband on black(crack)berry. I've been trying to convince him he really really needs one for work. He used his old phone until it was kicked off the network because of old technology. The battery would die mid-sentence every day plus the screen only worked if you pressed on it in the upper corner a certain way. Then it would come in backwards. He would sometimes drop it from the truck on purpose to make the screen work. haha.

My sister and I would have more fun. I wish she had one more than my husband. He wants more of a phone.
    03-12-08 09:46 PM
    Congrats On The Switch I Did The Same Thing With My Girlfriend Who Was Using A Motorola Q And Now That She Has Her Blackberry She Tells Everyone She Will Never Own Anything Else, I Also Got My Sister And Brother In The Bb World When They Decided They Wanted To Get Off Pay As You Go Phones And Asked If I Would Add Them To My Plan So I Hooked Them Both Up With Pearls And They Love Them, So I Have My Whole Family On The Bb's Now Lol
    03-12-08 11:10 PM
    Congrats! I converted my wife on Valentines' Day with the red curve She's not really into the forums - unless the discussion is about Jane Austen books- Pride & Prejudice or whaaaatever;(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 11:19 PM
    In my household, she owns the device and I crack it up since she's such a little nub. Works to my advantage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD