I just got my new blackberry 8310 to get use to before I purchase the bold. I found out quickly after becoming a member of this website that I need to upgrade the operating system. I do not know how or even where to get the software for the up grade. Can some nice user help me with this process?

Also do I need to download the desk top manager on my pc in order to do this?

and thirdly i am looking for a website that i can get unlimited music down loads for one low price that will be compatible with my 8310. I was going to join rhapsody but they are not compatible with blackberry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-18-08 07:43 PM
    I just got my new blackberry 8310 to get use to before I purchase the bold. I found out quickly after becoming a member of this website that I need to upgrade the operating system. I do not know how or even where to get the software for the up grade. Can some nice user help me with this process?

Also do I need to download the desk top manager on my pc in order to do this?

and thirdly i am looking for a website that i can get unlimited music down loads for one low price that will be compatible with my 8310. I was going to join rhapsody but they are not compatible with blackberry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-18-08 07:46 PM
    There is no need to double post. Someone will answer your question. If you use the search tool and look up info on your device there is plenty of threads dedicated to this...
    08-18-08 07:49 PM
    Theres tons of information on this site walking you through the upgrade process , it is not something I would reccommend you to do given your lack of knowledge about the subject. Read up a little until you feel comfortable enough to seek out the OS.

I dont know of any subscription download sites that are compatible with your phone.
    08-18-08 07:51 PM
    If you just got this device, I do NOT suggest you attempt an upgrade. There are many things that could go wrong and render the device useless for quite a while.
    Take some time and get to know the device. At the same time do some research on the subject. However, if you just can't wait, there is a "How-To" upgrade/downgrade in the How_to forum. But I'd wait if I were you.
    08-18-08 07:52 PM
    you can go to Blackbery dot com website and download the desktop manager software for your 8310(I think that is what you said), you should be able to get the 8310 handheld software from your carrier's website. I know that I can download the handheld software for my 8800 from Tmobile. I am certain that you can find the desktop manager software on the internet. Google Blackbery Desktop Manager Software if all else fails. It shouldn't. As far as the music I cannot answer that. Good Luck and happy berrying
    08-18-08 07:56 PM
    I hear of people who get music by limewire and isohunt. Other places have protection on the files that are sometimes not compatible with Blackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:23 PM
    Better be careful if you start trafficking filesharing websites , lots of nasty stuff floating around..............
    08-18-08 08:27 PM
    I use a site called phonezoo.com and it's free but it uses text messaging to send an Mp3 ringtone to your phone.
    08-18-08 08:43 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Upgrading your OS is not a high priority. Take a while to check it out, get settled in first.

When you decide you are ready to upgrade, you will need BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of the original OS. Install that first, verify everything is working correctly.

Then, you can download and install a v4.5 OS from a supporting carrier and be confidant that you can upgrade or roll back to insure you still have a working device.
    08-18-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD