My computer froze while trying to update my Curve 8310. Now my Curve will not boot up. When I hold the power button, nothing happens. When I plug it in to the computer, the desktop manager does not recognize it. It says "Device Connected (PIN): None even after my computer recognized the phone. I cast wipe the phone because it will not turn on. I have removed the battery and tried to reboot and nothing. The status light is flashing red. What is there to do? Did I brick my Curve?
    04-28-09 11:49 PM
    Yes you did. The update was probably going fine till you got impatent and unplugged it.

You're going to have to follow the How to Recover a Dead Blackberry instrutions now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:52 PM
    Here's the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

04-28-09 11:55 PM
    dang wap
    04-28-09 11:55 PM
    Yes you did. The update was probably going fine till you got impatent and unplugged it.

You're going to have to follow the How to Recover a Dead Blackberry instrutions now.

If you read his post you would see that his computer froze, not that he unplugged it. You don't have to be a **** to help someone with their problem.

*edit* wow j3rk is edited? I never realized how strong the filters were
    04-29-09 12:11 AM
    If you read his post you would see that his computer froze, not that he unplugged it. You don't have to be a **** to help someone with their problem.

Ummm, he wasn't being one. Infact I thought exactly what he did. Many people think their computer is frozen or not responding during an OS upgrade when infact it isn't.

How exactly was he being a j3rk when he gave the op a link on how to fix it?

04-29-09 12:17 AM
    It is very common for ppl to unplug their BB from the PC when it "seems" that no progress is being made. Many interpret it to mean the computer froze, or the process has stopped.

A little bit of patience would've most likely saved the OP a lot of extra work.

04-29-09 12:17 AM

and furthermore, if he is a j3rk, then xlide is the most helpful and understanding j3rk on crackberry. i knew exactly what xlide meant, and just because you didnt doesnt give you the right to put someone down.. doug, did you offer a solution to the OP? well, the j3rk did
    04-29-09 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the support vndlewis and savage.

J3rk out.

04-29-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD