I'm stuck on vibrate. When I put the phone on my profile or just to loud it won't make any sound at all when i get a text email or even just dialing. I've tried a battery pull a soft and hard reset. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    10-28-08 02:05 PM
    Check the indiv, settings, are they set on mute or tone?
    10-28-08 02:07 PM
    Did you make changes to the actual profile? Profiles > Advanced
    10-28-08 02:08 PM
    Try going into the profile list, then scroll down to advanced,then menue,then to edit to see the setings and if you may have to change them. Each profile must be edited individually.
    10-28-08 02:11 PM
    I've checked that when I go to advanced then on my profile then to sms text (it doesn't work for anything not text not calls not browser) it says out of holster Tone
    Ring tone: Notifier_contentment
    Volume: Medium
    and then same thing for in Holster
    For Calls I have it set on a downloaded ringtone Volume High so unless there is a mute function somewhere i'm missing i'm totally baffled
    10-28-08 02:27 PM
    Try pulling the battery.
    10-28-08 02:29 PM
    Tried that. It makes no sense it worked last night??
    10-28-08 05:41 PM
    If your profile are indeed set correctly and multiple batt pulls didn't help, I'd take it into a store..
    10-28-08 05:47 PM
    That SMS tone, is very quiet, have you set it to an alarm one to make sure its not just realllly quiet?
    10-28-08 05:49 PM
    yea it won't even play the tone loaded in the phone....guessing there is something wrong with it.
    10-28-08 05:52 PM
    Hmmmmm, Id just take it in, see what they say.. youve tried pretty much everything I guess.
    10-28-08 05:55 PM
    I'm having the same problems. For no reason my Curve will just have a fluke and I will not be able to hear anything on the other side of the phone. It will play my music, MMS Media, Voice Recordings, but I can not hear the person I am talking to. The only thing I can do is pull the battery.
    10-31-08 06:45 PM
    I'm having the same problems. For no reason my Curve will just have a fluke and I will not be able to hear anything on the other side of the phone. It will play my music, MMS Media, Voice Recordings, but I can not hear the person I am talking to. The only thing I can do is pull the battery.
    That is because its still stuck on that type of media, the voice thingy is attached to that one you have just used etc, if you let it play thru ie: the mms, it will release and you should be able to hear people on the handset,
    10-31-08 10:40 PM
    lot of good advice did it work
    03-23-09 11:54 PM
    Iam still having trouble with mine
    03-24-09 12:09 AM
    has anyone tried pressing the mute key at the top of the phone? Rach, if pressed, does it mute EVERYTHING until pressed again?
    03-24-09 12:24 AM
    has anyone tried pressing the mute key at the top of the phone? Rach, if pressed, does it mute EVERYTHING until pressed again?
    But would it survive a battery pull? I doubt it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 12:28 AM
    But would it survive a battery pull? I doubt it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    okay, u got me there... would test it out but the house is asleep
    03-24-09 12:34 AM
    I just got my new blackberry the other day (first one!) and I LOVE it. But a few days after I got it, it stopped making sounds. And it wouldn't even vibrate. I could NOT figure it out!! I rechecked my settings several times and restarted my phone over and over.

Then I checked the SD card.

Yes, I did put it in the right way (thank you!) but I had put the card completely underneath the metal holder, instead of putting it "inside" the metal holder. Apparently, the card slides in the holder and is held by two tiny little tabs.
    Now, my blackberry works just fine. Hallelujah!

Look on youtube for proper SD Card installation!
    02-02-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD