I have a blackberry Curve 8310 and it will not charge with the travel charger but it will charge with the USB data cord. Can someone help
    09-21-09 02:03 PM
    I believe they use the same pin/connections. Try a different travel charger.
    09-21-09 02:30 PM
    yeah I tried that did not work. I think the usb connector fits tighter. It seems the charging port on the blackberry is a little loose so a tighter fitting charger may get a better connection. Just guessing
    09-21-09 02:36 PM
    I have a blackberry Curve 8310 and it will not charge with the travel charger but it will charge with the USB data cord. Can someone help
    If it charges with the USB data cable and not with the travel charger then its most likely your travel charger is shot. One or more of the pins that connects to your pins in your blackberry USB port might be out of alignment. Try out the charger on your friends BB before saying its broken.
    09-21-09 02:36 PM
    Go with a charging dock then, it uses the contacts on the back of the device and it will save your usb port.. (under $10.00)
    09-21-09 02:48 PM
    Go with a charging dock then, it uses the contacts on the back of the device and it will save your usb port.. (under $10.00)
    +1. It seems the USB port is a weak link on the BB's anyway, a charging dock will save your USB port for when you need it to connect to your PC. The charging dock can be had for about 8 bucks +s/h on Amazon.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:53 PM
    you know I never really thought about getting a dock ....but i will now
    09-21-09 03:49 PM
    Yes, thank you for the info the dock is a perfect idea. Thanks a bunch!
    09-21-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD