I woke up this morning to find that my Curve and a few other items were stolen out of my car last night. Grrrrr!!!!!!

1) Now that my phone has been reported as stolen to ATT, does anyone know if they really enforce a policy of not allowing a new registration on the device or if they will inform me someone has tried to reactivate it?

2) What are the links for the mobile Blackberry sites? I am trying to redo all of my bookmarks and can't seem find those links anywhere.

3) Anyone have any advice on what to do for a stolen blackberry? It's already been reported to ATT and the local sherrifs dept, but damn, I had a lot of info on that thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 06:58 PM
    I am sure that ATT has a list that will prevent the device form being activated again. yes they enforce it.

Lesson one do not leave a BB in a car.

Some one will get you mobile links you need.

Sorry to hear this has happend though, never a fun thing.
    08-25-08 07:14 PM
    Best advice is to not leave your BlackBerry unattended , especially not in the car. Make use of the password , its there for a reason, use it.

What mobile links would you like? If you are browsing with your replacement BlackBerry ( I assume you got a replacement) and the emulation is set to "BlackBerry" it should default to mobile sites when available.

Sorry to hear about this...........
    08-25-08 07:31 PM
    Sorry to hear. Mine was lost about a month ago. Curve on TMo. I don't know of any rule that they will not reactivate the Curve. TMo told me that they can tell when and if a new SIM card is put in, but not the new # or any identifying info. That, they said, would be illegal. I suspended my # and reactivated when I got a new curve, $149 later.

08-25-08 07:40 PM
    I have no personal experience with a stolen phone, but one thing suggests to me that the carriers are not serious about finding one.

When have you ever heard of any carrier using the built in GPS to pinpoint where the stolen pnone is and reporting it to the police?

We all know the capability is there because the newer 911 systems can use it to locate you in an emergency. We've all read about that in the news.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
    08-25-08 07:49 PM
    Sorry to hear. Mine was lost about a month ago. Curve on TMo. I don't know of any rule that they will not reactivate the Curve. TMo told me that they can tell when and if a new SIM card is put in, but not the new # or any identifying info. That, they said, would be illegal. I suspended my # and reactivated when I got a new curve, $149 later.

$149 , your pretty lucky if you got back up and running and thats all your out. Still I dont envy you losing your phone sorry to hear that , but I'd say you made do with the recovery
    08-25-08 07:51 PM
    Thanks all for the condolences.

The blackberry links that I need are for the moble blackberry sites. The ones where you can browse RIMs recommended apps and links. I thought it was blackberry.com but that brings me to the regular web site. I need the one that's made for mobile browsing.

I would hope ATT would recognise the serial and not reactivate it, but at the same time I understand that its not in their interest to prevent it. Not only did I shell out for another phone today, but they also gain a new sub with whoever has my stolen curve. Ba$+ard$!!!!

08-25-08 08:46 PM
    Not exactly sure how ATT works, I know for fact then when a device is reported to VZW the ESN goes on a lost/stolen list, once there the device cannot be reactivated as the system will not let a rep do it, unless the owner of the account calls ( verifies the account) and requests the ESN be removed.

I would think ATT has something simular.
    08-25-08 08:49 PM
    Thanks all for the condolences.

The blackberry links that I need are for the moble blackberry sites. The ones where you can browse RIMs recommended apps and links. I thought it was blackberry.com but that brings me to the regular web site. I need the one that's made for mobile browsing.

I would hope ATT would recognise the serial and not reactivate it, but at the same time I understand that its not in their interest to prevent it. Not only did I shell out for another phone today, but they also gain a new sub with whoever has my stolen curve. Ba$+ard$!!!!

08-25-08 08:53 PM
    It should be listed in your browser wap bookmarks that come already on the phone. Called BlackBerry HELP!

mobile.blackberry.com
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-25-08 at 09:04 PM.
    08-25-08 09:00 PM
    Not exactly sure how ATT works, I know for fact then when a device is reported to VZW the ESN goes on a lost/stolen list, once there the device cannot be reactivated as the system will not let a rep do it, unless the owner of the account calls ( verifies the account) and requests the ESN be removed.

I would think ATT has something simular.
    Unfortunately GSM phones don't use ESNs, so this isn't really a possibility. I'm not sure why they can't block the IMEI though, maybe because they don't want to?
    08-25-08 09:02 PM
    try mobile.blackberry.com
    sorry to hear of your ordeal.....
    Admins, can we post a poll and actually submit it to RIM for giving BIS users the remote wipe feature same as BES? i know there is a poll / sticky out there for future features etc. Maybe collectively, we can move some of these ideas to market!
    Last edited by bunky1971; 08-25-08 at 09:24 PM.
    08-25-08 09:21 PM
    It should be listed in your browser wap bookmarks that come already on the phone. Called BlackBerry HELP!

mobile.blackberry.com
    Bingo. Thank you. I was already so familiar with the Curve I didn't think to look for "Help". You would think that link would come up on a google mobile search.
    08-25-08 09:22 PM
    Sorry for your lost If you need AT&T questions answered you might want to post a question in the AT&T forum there are some reps in there.
    08-25-08 09:53 PM
    sorry for the lost i have learned a lesson from you because i too leave my blackberry in my car when i go into a store or something trust it will stay in my pocketbook from now on
    08-26-08 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD