I love my phone but lately I've noticed it is acting funny.

For starters.... messages (email, tests, messenger, facebook) seem to not be getting on my BB automatically. I 'reconcile now' option in my inboxes to get the thing to retrieve messages. When I do that... sometimes I'll get 2-3 emails, 2 texts and a few messenger messages all at once.

Is there something I can do to clean up my phone? Has anyone experienced this?

Also... I have two text messages in my inbox that simply will not delete. No matter what I do they won't go away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TK
    03-01-09 09:38 PM
    You can log into your BIS to resend the service books for the email issue and a battery pull might be in order (phone on, yank battery out, 30 seconds, replace) Should work for the 2 messages you cant get rid of

BlackBerry Internet Service

As for freeing up memory here are some tips (check what your file free is by going to options>status) and post back here

Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory - also delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

Also can try to clear your browser cache as well as the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning). If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted. Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future.... Just keep your eye on the memory what I do is hit ALT - SHIFT - H and look there for file free memory. If it nears 12mb then you know what to do..

To see what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it.. After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-01-09 at 09:47 PM.
    Dee Lee Ohh likes this.
    03-01-09 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!!

I have a 4 gig card. Cleared my log... thanks for that tip.

I like the facebook app (I know.. it is ridiculous) as I upload pics all the time from my phone.

Still can't delete the text msgs... weird.
    03-01-09 09:49 PM
    Yank the battery as described. Also so you know a media card does nothing but store things as I posted above. Your device memory is 96mb with or without the card installed....... Your phone out of the box has a good amount, memory issues should never be a problem for you with proper maintenance........ For now do the battery and the messages should clear and the sluggishness will resolve. Keep facebook, its all good, whatever works for you
    03-01-09 09:53 PM
    Can you move ringtones to your media card right from your Blackberry or do you have to do it through the DM? Also, if you want to delte facebook can you do that through your Blackberry as well?
    03-01-09 09:55 PM
    Hula

If you installed facebook yourself to delete it go to options>advanced>applications then find facebook and menu>delete

I dont use DM to mess with ringtones at all. I have my phone in mass storage mode (options>media card>mass storage support ON) so I just plug in to my PC and browse to it like I would any other drive - drag and drop... Yes you can move via the phone its just a time consuming process. Just go to media then hit menu > explore. Browse to what you want to move and move it accordingly.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-01-09 at 10:11 PM.
    Dee Lee Ohh likes this.
    03-01-09 10:02 PM
    Thanks Tremortality!!!!
    03-01-09 11:32 PM
    I was having the same problems (except for the text message thing). Thanks for all the tips!
    03-02-09 08:45 AM
    I have two text messages in my inbox that simply will not delete. No matter what I do they won't go away.
    This happened To Me For Quite Some Time-

Until I Realized That At Certain Times When I'm Power Messaging, I accidentally Click "Save" Instead Of "Reply"-

After Hitting Save I Would Go Back and Hit Reply and All Would Be Fine.

But Then When I Would Clean Out My Inbox A Few Messages Would Stay When I Would Reply To A New Message, And I Had No Idea How To Clean, and Get Rid Of Those Weird Mystery Messages.

So:

Go To Messages>Menu>View Saved Messages>Delete the Ones That Won't Go Away.
    03-02-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD