People are saying that my curve from alltel make a crazy sound as soon as I answer a call sorta like when you are calling fax machine. I hear it too. I always have my phone on vibrate. Any thoughts? It happens just when I first answer then goes away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 04:09 AM
    That would prob be the ever so famous speakerblast problem...

06-05-09 04:15 AM
    Do you have the 8330? (I can't see what device you have from wap)

Trying updating your OS. If it's SpeakerBlast than it will go away with the update.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/

06-05-09 04:55 AM
    Yep it sounds like the famous speakerblast issue. Here's a thread about it like others said upgrading OS will fix it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...=speaker+blast
    Last edited by Iceman; 06-05-09 at 11:17 AM.
    06-05-09 09:37 AM
    upgrade ur fone and itll go away
    06-05-09 10:57 AM
    This is the 1st I'm hearing of the "speaker blast" but glad to finally hear something about it, I've had this happen every now & then. I have the 8310 & have updated my OS already, does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions? I actually keep my earpiece volume on the lower side but it still nails me!
    06-05-09 02:23 PM
    This is the 1st I'm hearing of the "speaker blast" but glad to finally hear something about it, I've had this happen every now & then. I have the 8310 & have updated my OS already, does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions? I actually keep my earpiece volume on the lower side but it still nails me!
    And yours is the first time I've heard of anyone having a GSM BB with the speakerblast issue.
    06-05-09 02:27 PM
    Could this also be a disconnect from a bluetooth piece?
    06-05-09 02:28 PM
    That would prob be the ever so famous speakerblast problem...

That's the first thing that came to my mind...
    06-05-09 02:31 PM
    And yours is the first time I've heard of anyone having a GSM BB with the speakerblast issue.
    True to that...
    06-05-09 02:32 PM
    GREAT, just my luck Well, luckily it only happens once in a while, I don't think it's ever happened while I'm on my bluetooth, just while using my Curve directly. Guess I'll just keep an eye out on the net to see if I can find any info on it.
    06-06-09 01:48 PM
    I have it too, im going to try the update now now. Thanks.
    06-06-09 02:00 PM
    My phone does it as well but its never really bothered me...at least not since like the first week I had it
    06-06-09 02:05 PM
    GREAT, just my luck Well, luckily it only happens once in a while, I don't think it's ever happened while I'm on my bluetooth, just while using my Curve directly. Guess I'll just keep an eye out on the net to see if I can find any info on it.
    What OS is on your device now? 4.5.0.110?

IF it's on .110 you can try .124
    06-06-09 02:06 PM
    I think I may have found a way around the speaker blast. This seems to happen most often when the phone is on vibrate. If you hit the answer button in the middle of the ring, the vibrating noise is transferred through the speaker and to the other party. I've found that if I just wait and hit the answer button between rings (vibrates) I don't have the problem. I imagine this will work if your ringtone is being transmitted as well.

Just thought I'd throw in my $0.02.
    06-06-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the responses... I am running 4.5.0.89 so i guess i wil try the upgrade and see how that works. I have the 8330 curve. and I also considered the answering as the phone was vibrating as the problem. But now some of the calls seem to have the echo hollow sound like it is kinda speakerblast. I will update my os in the next couple of days and let you know how that goes. Once again gotta love Crackberry.... if you have a problem just post it ....help will come. Thanks.
    06-08-09 11:23 AM
    Let us know if you have any issues during the upgrade, we are here to help...
    06-08-09 11:25 AM
    Downloaded the latest OS that was suggested in the link in a previous post 8330-os-v4-5-0-160 And ran the install and had no problem with the upgrade. Everything was restored and the problem with the "speakerblast" is gone!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who responded. The info and the help was great
    06-09-09 02:17 PM
    You're welcome.

Something to look out for in .160 is the chirp or squeal during phone calls. If you start noticing this problem, then you can load this hybrid OS to get rid of the problem.

It is the .160 OS with a few files from 4.5.0.131 substituted in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/
    06-09-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD