Hey guys n gals...

was wandering if any one has ever encountered this problem i m having.... My sms, emails and call log keeps deleting itself every few hours or so!! it s really strange, and so annoying!

any1 know wat happened?

cheers.....
    09-25-08 11:33 AM
    Sounds like a memory issue. Go to options/status/ file free. How much mem do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 11:39 AM
    You have a lack of memory problem. There are fixes. Go to Options, Ststus and note the File Free number. Its in bytes so divide by 1 million to get Mb. You need about 12Mb for good daily running or the BlackBerry will start deleting stuff just to keep itself running.

Note the File Free number for comparison later.

Remove the battery for 30 secs or so and put it back. Once the re-boot is complete, check the file free number again.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video. Press Menu and select Delete. You just got 2Mb memory back. Again check the File Free number. It should be getting bigger.

Have a look at this post too http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. It is a very good tutorial on memory management.

Get familiar with your phone and come back her if you need more help.
    09-25-08 11:40 AM
    ok! thanks for the tips, yeah there were 0 bytes left in the file free part.... doesn t the additional memory card i use add extra space, or are sms etc stored on the phone, hence all the apps wear out the memory for those things???
    09-25-08 11:50 AM
    ok! thanks for the tips, yeah there were 0 bytes left in the file free part.... doesn t the additional memory card i use add extra space, or are sms etc stored on the phone, hence all the apps wear out the memory for those things???
    The memory dard you installed is known in the Blackberry world as a Media Card. It just stores media. It cannot be used for program or Device Memory as it is known.

You need to get any media that you have installed in Device Memory onto the Media Card pronto. This can be a tedious process but it need to be done.
    09-25-08 11:56 AM
    I would follow Pete6's recommendation... you need to free up some of your memory on your BB.
    09-25-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD