Today my Curve freaked out. I got a text message and I pulled it out of the holster and my screen was sideways, discolored, in 1/2, and blinking. I took the battery out and re-started. All seems well now. Any thoughts on why this happened? I did drop it for the first time today, but I have it in a hard plastic snap on case. And I used it for hours after that with no issues too.
    It just has me concerned.
    06-04-09 07:39 PM
    I am having a similar problem with my 8330. I've had it for two weeks in a body glove hard case. All of a sudden the ball wouldn't click and it would randomly call some combination of "14114441." In order to restart, I need to do a battery pull. The message light remains on until the second or third pull. Advice??
    06-04-09 07:44 PM
    It's probably nothing.

My BB has done strange things when taking it out of the holster a couple times but it's fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 07:44 PM
    I am having a similar problem with my 8330. I've had it for two weeks in a body glove hard case. All of a sudden the ball wouldn't click and it would randomly call some combination of "14114441." In order to restart, I need to do a battery pull. The message light remains on until the second or third pull. Advice??
    Have you dropped it or gotten it wet or anything?

06-04-09 07:46 PM
    I haven't dropped the phone nor have I gotten it wet. Is it possible that the Body Glove doesn't allow it to "breathe?"
    06-04-09 08:05 PM
    i dont think blackberry devices have mini blackberry lungs so that probably is not the answer. I dont think body glove would sell its products if it messes up your blackberry.
    06-04-09 08:16 PM
    well, honestly I wouldn't worry too much..yet. The bb does some weird stuff when in the hard case. I would first get something else like the skins or something simular but try the batt pull and that should get you straight
    06-04-09 08:23 PM
    I haven't dropped the phone nor have I gotten it wet. Is it possible that the Body Glove doesn't allow it to "breathe?"
    Does your BB do this a lot?

What OS are you running?

Options/About third line down.

You could maybe upgrade your OS and if the problem persists you might want to look into a replacement BB.

06-04-09 08:26 PM
    i am guessing what cali means is that there is no space within the case so as the phone get hot and doesn't have any space to keep cool. i wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, these things do tend to get hot, especailly on a call.
    06-04-09 08:27 PM
    I meant more of an "overheating" vs a "breathing." I took the phone into a friend who works for a different service provider. Her advice was to send it back because at the time she looked at it it was non-responsive. I reactivated my old phone and left the BB alone for a week. Seems to be working ok today. Thinking I might just leave it on for a day or two and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted and if anyone has any advice in the meantime, it is truly much appreciated.
    06-04-09 08:31 PM
    Thanks ChelseyTX. Thats exactly what I meant. Wordsmith I am not...

MY OS is v4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51)
    06-04-09 08:34 PM
    Do I need to upgrade my OS? I didn't think so...
    06-04-09 08:37 PM
    No, you don't need to.

Just try a silicone skin or an OEM case for a while and see how it goes

06-04-09 09:11 PM
    I had the same problem except it only do it if I put it in my pocket for a couple minutes n took it out n pressed the track ball it dial #*#*#*#* if I pressed b it dial 1414 then n wud do 252525 I got it switched at verizon no charge. I believe it was the bit of soda I spilled on the keyboard awhile back.

06-05-09 12:16 AM
    not sure if its possible but could it be that the magnet in the cases you are using is possibly too strong? none of mine has ever done that before though and i use a silicone case myself and other than it attracting every piece of dust that floats through the air it works well
    06-05-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD