Hello,

So I've been on the phone with RIM for the past 4 days trying to get my 8320 curve to work. Things started going wrong when I went to install the new t-mobile 4.5.0.81 software. I now get error messages one being a java.lang.illegalexceptionargument when I start up the device. The other problems being that the unit runs 20X slower than it used to and the blackberry text messaging program either doesnt load or freezes randomly about 25% of the time. What they told me to do was reset the device and thats all they told me to do they had me do it every way possible including skipping over the desktop manager completely. I was wondering if there was anything else i can do to fix it short of getting a new phone.

any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    02-18-09 04:18 PM
    you might have to re-load the OS. sounds like that's the issue.
    02-18-09 04:25 PM
    thats what they RIM had me do about 20 times with no luck

when i said reset i ment reload the os
    02-18-09 04:28 PM
    oh. did you put back all of your third-party apps after you upgraded to 4.5? which apps do you use? you might want to remove and re-install your third-party apps..
    02-18-09 04:50 PM
    I recommend bricking your phone and then using crackmem to custom load a new OS. It appears to be a software issue. There are loads of good people on CB who can troubleshoot problems with that process. Search under 3rd party apps for CrackMem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 04:54 PM
    Hello,

So I've been on the phone with RIM for the past 4 days trying to get my 8320 curve to work. Things started going wrong when I went to install the new t-mobile 4.5.0.81 software. I now get error messages one being a java.lang.illegalexceptionargument when I start up the device. The other problems being that the unit runs 20X slower than it used to and the blackberry text messaging program either doesnt load or freezes randomly about 25% of the time. What they told me to do was reset the device and thats all they told me to do they had me do it every way possible including skipping over the desktop manager completely. I was wondering if there was anything else i can do to fix it short of getting a new phone.

any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Dump the TMO .81 OS, it's a hunk of junk. Upgrade to the .124 OS that's in the 8320 sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Are you using MyFaves? The java exception could be caused by that. I had the problem on the last 2 OS's I used. If it is, you can fix it by resending MyFaves from TMO.

CrackMem is help for doing the OS upgrade, but at this point I don't think it's necessary to wipe your device.
    02-18-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD