The title basically says it all. I turn my phone off for around 8 hours a day because of school and wanting to avoid how to hand over my blackberry to my teacher.

But the phone seems to always turn on sometime that day usually to receive e-mail, I believe. Anyone else have this problem? And is there a way to stop this from happening?

Also my "radio" also seems to turn off occasionally and I have to turn it back on. Not a huge deal, but does blackberries always do this? *I am worried that my radio might be off and I can't receive calls or etc.* Any way to fix this?

Thanks guys!
    10-23-08 03:43 PM
    Check your auto on/off settings.
    10-23-08 03:50 PM
    I've done that. I have enabled and disabled it and the same thing happens.
    10-23-08 03:58 PM
    Also, make sure you are selecting "full power off"
    10-23-08 03:58 PM
    You said that your radio turns off periodically. One possible reason might be that your battery charge is very low, this can turn off the radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 04:07 PM
    With the radio question, maybe but I think I had a lot of battery still left when it happens. I mean it is like I just go turn it back on and it stays on for the rest of the night.

I don't believe the turning off the phone problem is caused by auto turn on/off as it is disabled but I understand what you are telling me to check. (Like I know what and why you are telling me the advice, but it isn't the reason for the problem if that makes sense.) Could it be an update to 4.5 be the reason?
    10-23-08 04:13 PM
    Do you have an alarm set? How do you turn your phone off? Do you push and hold the red phone button? Do you use the turn power off icon on your apps menu?
    If i turn my phone off using the red button (with my alarm set,) it comes up and says "Turning handheld off: Next time on.....blah blah blah (whatever time my alarm is set for), press any key to abort". If i use the icon on the app screen, it says "The device is scheduled to turn on at BlahBlahBlah" with two options: Turn off or Full Power off.

If you have just been pushing the red button without paying much attention, maybe this is what is happening.
    10-23-08 04:27 PM
    To answer the questions above me. I have alarms set sometime at 3:30 (I turn my phone on manually at 2:40) and sometimes no alarms. This problem happens regardless of auto on/off and alarms being off or now. I have used both methods to power my berry off and it still turns on. It turns on at different times, but I believe it always turns on to deliver an e-mail. (Also I think my phone might turn off the radio doing this as half the time the radio powers off, but also it doesn't sometimes.)

Please don't say it is auto on/off, alarms, or low battery anymore as they all have been checked. (I understand that those would be the first things to check though)

Any ideas? I am kinda helpless there.
    10-31-08 06:50 PM
    here is an idea!

don't take your phone into school with you....
    11-01-08 11:30 AM
    here is an idea!

don't take your phone into school with you....
    Well, let's not be a j erk huh? I take my phone into school with me so my parents can contact me after-school during practices and rehearsals. I mean what you told me to do would be the equivalent of telling you to not carry your phone M-F from 7 am - 6 pm....tell me how that goes....
    12-23-08 02:59 PM
    Although it would suck to do, you could just remove the battery. At least a temp solution until you figure it out. I leave my phone on 24/7, so I can't verify if it happens on my phone. (I wouldn't be able to withstand the shock and withdrawl symptoms of not having my BB for 8 hours).

Also, maybe just turn on a silent profile during class times?
    12-23-08 03:02 PM
    You could try turning the radio off and putting it in standby mode.
    12-23-08 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD