But thats about all i got. This was to replace a broken nextel phone. All i can do is receive call and use the wi fi. Can't even get text message. The couple of weeks i have had the phone i kinda like it. Is there a work around that i can use to get text message and get on the web.
    8350i curve
    09-13-09 07:17 AM
    I am in the same boat your in. My company gave me a curve as well with limited access. From what I have been reading you MUST have the data package in order to access the must have features of a BB. If you don't have the data package, what's the point of a BB right?
    09-13-09 07:30 AM
    If the company supplied the phone, they reserve the right to control what you do with the phone.
    09-13-09 09:06 AM
    If the company supplied the phone, they reserve the right to control what you do with the phone.
    the speed limit
    09-13-09 11:55 AM
    Huh ??

And that has what to do with this thread?
    09-13-09 12:59 PM
    Pretty much everything. The original poster was provided a phone from his employer. If the employer wants the employees to do more with their phone they will allow it. Can you not understand the theme with this thread? Employer phone = you only use the phone the way they specify = no workarounds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:08 PM
    It is called an IT Policy and it setup and installed by the company IT department and regulated by the BlackBerry Enterprose Server (BES). This tool quite literally owns a company Blackberry. It can enable or bar almost any function on the phone and can instantly tell if anyone fools with the settings.
    09-13-09 03:12 PM
    Pretty much everything. The original poster was provided a phone from his employer. If the employer wants the employees to do more with their phone they will allow it. Can you not understand the theme with this thread? Employer phone = you only use the phone the way they specify = no workarounds.
    Are you addressing this to me?

If so, you are the one not understanding.

I understood rachel's response and I agree with it.

My post was directed to the post directly above me (as is the common practice in forums when no specific post is quoted in a response).

My question was back to the OP asking what "driving the speed limit" has to do with this thread.

Try to keep up. I know it's hard for some.
    09-13-09 04:13 PM
    Are you addressing this to me?

If so, you are the one not understanding.

I understood rachel's response and I agree with it.

My post was directed to the post directly above me (as is the common practice in forums when no specific post is quoted in a response).

My question was back to the OP asking what "driving the speed limit" has to do with this thread.

Try to keep up. I know it's hard for some.
    LMAO bwaha
    09-13-09 05:42 PM
    I believe what the poster is stating by "speed limit" is the fact that her company allows her only so many limitations to the phone...it's basically a cap...thus a speed limit. "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRAVEL ANY FASTER THAN THIS". No internet for you sorry.

I hope this made sense...trying to explain the way I see it.
    09-13-09 05:48 PM
    It is called an IT Policy and it setup and installed by the company IT department and regulated by the BlackBerry Enterprose Server (BES). This tool quite literally owns a company Blackberry. It can enable or bar almost any function on the phone and can instantly tell if anyone fools with the settings.
    i am going back to dumb nextel that gets text messages. if u guys didn't get the joke about i drive speed limit i know i am in the wrong place. Really when u download ring tones and u pay nothing for them i guess thats alright. Using a bootleg screensaver is ok too. in reality i never drive the spped limit.
    09-13-09 05:54 PM
    I pay nothing for my ringtones either
    09-13-09 05:57 PM
    i am going back to dumb nextel that gets text messages. if u guys didn't get the joke about i drive speed limit i know i am in the wrong place. Really when u download ring tones and u pay nothing for them i guess thats alright. Using a bootleg screensaver is ok too. in reality i never drive the spped limit.
    Wow!

Yeah sorry I didn't understand your joke.

Have fun with Nextel.....I guess
    09-13-09 06:01 PM
    not trying to burst anybodies bubble. but i download songs too. and no i don't send the artist any money for downloading his song. I really don't give a heck about it policy if i could find away to get text messages. all u folks who abide by it policy i guess u never surf the web at your workstation. give me a break will u.
    09-13-09 06:46 PM
    So, you are intentionally trying to get terminated from your employment?

Good luck with that. Wow!
    09-13-09 07:02 PM
    not trying to burst anybodies bubble. but i download songs too. and no i don't send the artist any money for downloading his song. I really don't give a heck about it policy if i could find away to get text messages. all u folks who abide by it policy i guess u never surf the web at your workstation. give me a break will u.
    Now the conversation is going nowhere. Lets stay on topic shall we???

Besides there was no mention of music...but of ringtones.
    09-13-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD