I got it last saturday, onJuly eleventh. It ran real good, up until about last firday, July seventeenth. It began to run slow for some reason, and i really don't know what it is. The weird thing is, i had all my text messages in my mail center, along with all my calls. Friday night i looked up ways to make it faster, and all i found was delete your texts and call log. Which i did, and since then my phone has ran slower. Also i went into my internet browser into the cache's and deleted everything, and i have a memory cleaning logged to clean every five minutes once it's idle. So it's weird how freeing up space has made it slower? I haven't done anything to it really, and i don't have really any apps. I'm confused as to what the problem is. Can anyone help me, with ideas on how to make it faster?
    07-21-09 09:31 PM
    I'd try a soft reset:
    ALT+ RIGHT SHIFT + DEL (at the same time)
    07-21-09 09:37 PM
    Kinda strange for a phone that new unless you have a bunch of stuff open at the same time perhaps. Go to the application page with all your icons, click the menu button and then select 'switch application'. How many things are actively running? There's 5 that won't ever close out...browser, call log, homescreen, messages, bb messenger. If you have a bunch of other stuff open, close them out and also try a battery pull with the phone powered up. You said you don't have a lot of apps but certain ones, like Facebook seem to give some users fits with battery drain.
    07-21-09 09:40 PM
    Weird thing is, i've also done all of that. A software reset, battery pull plenty of times, and i always have those five defaults always running. I forgot to mention i did all those, sorry. It's a virginia phone, but i'm in vermont, but i also came here the day after i got it and it ran fine for a week here before it went out. Does that have anything to do with it?
    07-21-09 09:54 PM
    could be a app thats slowing it down..or might need to do a clean up of old apps, etcc..
    07-22-09 12:41 AM
    Still running very slow for some reason, if i get more then fifteen texts in my mailbox it starts to lag, i really wanna know what's goin on.
    07-24-09 11:12 PM
    Whats your free file number?
    07-24-09 11:44 PM
    File free: 41432342 bytes.
    07-25-09 05:08 PM
    I'd backup then reload the operating system and think about updating to 4.5.0.160 if you aren't already on it. Seems like some people fear it but it's not difficult and only takes like 30 minutes. Mine was slow last week and leaking RAM but after a reload it's runing fine again.

forkup
    07-25-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD