Okay, so the red light turns on when I put it to charge and then a battery with a lightning bolt comes on the screen and then it indicates that it's turning on (the hourglass starts spinning). And then it's just like a cycle, it keeps repeating, but it never fully turns on. Any suggestions?
    And when I plug it into my laptop, it does the same thing, But it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED.
    03-18-10 01:13 PM
    Do you have insurance? Also, is the phone within the 12 mo. RIM warranty? If yes to either question, you should be able to get another phone with no problem.
    03-18-10 03:58 PM
    Mine is doing similar things. "They" may tell you it is the BB, but it is the software. You will find out you can not reload it - both Desktop Manager and Loader.exe will erase what's there and reload stuff, but in the end you will be stuck with the same loop or problem. At some point it may also decide to provide you with error 507.

To get the computer to see it, take the battery out, start desktop manager, choose application loader, select update software and when it asks for a device connection plug the BB in to the USB. It'll show you USB-PIN: xxx or USB-PIN: UNKNOWN. At that point click to continue. It will erase what's on your BB then reload (or so it says) an OS and some apps, then it'll reboot your BB. If that works, you're one of the lucky ones. If it doesn't, try it several times. Others have had success on subsequent attempts at the same thing.

If it doesn't work, your carrier and RIM will blame everything from the day of the week to solar flares. Usually they concentrate on your USB wires, hubs and software. Truth be told it appears to be their software. They do not offer a way for we mortals to do an actual reload. (Or, if this really is a reload - it doesn't work.)

For me the experience has turned my crackberry to a hackberry. Pretty much ended my respect for RIM - even if they are fellow Canadians. Since I'm in Alberta I feel no guilt in calling them "eastern bums".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD