So today I noticed there was a new little blue lock icon at the top of my phone (where the BBM, email, text, voicemail icons appear) when I lock it. It goes away when I unlock it so I didn't give it much thought.

Now I'm getting lots of hourglasses...then I got a BBM message and I got the notification "You've switched to a new device. Would you like Blackberry Messenger to inform your contacts? If you choose no your contact list will be deleted."...I hit yes cause I didn't want to lose all my contacts...and it seems to have re-sent the add request....

Also- in the security options-> memory cleaning the enable/disable is set to enable and has a little red lock beside it. I thought that could only happen with an IT policy? I've never been on BES, I've always had BIS!

I haven't done anything new to my BB in at least a week except download some new ringtones. Everything else seems to be in order... I'm just worried this is an indication of something bigger?
    11-16-08 09:25 PM
    use crackutil to remove the IT policy... recently connect it to a work email?
    11-16-08 09:30 PM
    So today I noticed there was a new little blue lock icon at the top of my phone (where the BBM, email, text, voicemail icons appear) when I lock it. It goes away when I unlock it so I didn't give it much thought.

Now I'm getting lots of hourglasses...then I got a BBM message and I got the notification "You've switched to a new device. Would you like Blackberry Messenger to inform your contacts? If you choose no your contact list will be deleted."...I hit yes cause I didn't want to lose all my contacts...and it seems to have re-sent the add request....

Also- in the security options-> memory cleaning the enable/disable is set to enable and has a little red lock beside it. I thought that could only happen with an IT policy? I've never been on BES, I've always had BIS!

I haven't done anything new to my BB in at least a week except download some new ringtones. Everything else seems to be in order... I'm just worried this is an indication of something bigger?
    It sounds like you might have content protection selected. I am not sure how to take it off or how it got on but it happened to me. Search "content protection enabled" and see if that helps you.
    11-16-08 09:31 PM
    It sounds like you might have content protection selected. I am not sure how to take it off or how it got on but it happened to me. Search "content protection enabled" and see if that helps you.
    You hit it on the head! I dunno how it got enabled...probably my bf put it on thinking "that sounds like something that ought to be enabled!".

It seems to be better now!
    11-16-08 09:44 PM
    glad it is all fixed for ya
    11-16-08 09:47 PM
    You hit it on the head! I dunno how it got enabled...probably my bf put it on thinking "that sounds like something that ought to be enabled!".

It seems to be better now!
    Glad it is working. Honestly it was turned on on mine and NO ONE did it. So let your BF off the hook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 10:28 PM
    Gratz on your fix.

Our addicts are always willing to help
    11-17-08 03:48 AM
    I read in another forum that after someone changed their firmware to 4.5.93 they had to notify their contacts every day. He was using it on his Sprint 8330, so maybe he has the same problem and doesn't know it?
    11-17-08 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD