Hello guys

I have a problem with my BB 8320 media card.

When i plug the BB to the pc, it doesn't open the BB's media card as a flash memory card, although the BB starts charging the battery, and I even can open the BB desktop manager, and can start adding application.

I mean, I used to copy-paste pictures, music, books, etc...., but now, not anymore !!

I check that options>memory card > and I prompt( and even tried the YES ) the auto enable mass storage mode when connected.

I didn't do anything that can damage my media card

Otherwise, everything sounds perfect

Please help
    my OS 4.5.0.55
    02-12-10 05:47 PM
    So when you plug your BB in to a PC, a drive letter for Blackberry doesn't show in Windows Explorer?
    02-17-10 07:07 AM
    Try using a memory card reader and see if the pc can see the card there.
    02-17-10 07:10 AM
    I have the same problem. But it never read the media card when i plugged it in. I always have to turn off my phone and take out the media card, plug it into the adapter, and then into my computer. How do you make it work?
    02-18-10 02:46 PM
    thank u guys for your consideration and replies.
    as i posted above, I can't see the BB as a drive in the ' my computer ' window.
    But, when i plug it and open the BB desktop manager, i can download programs and stuff.
    I actually tried another Memory card inside the same BB that im using now, and the problem is still the same.
    which means, i have to download books and music and etc... via bluetooth, which is a way that i hate and time consuming, or I have to talk off my memory card and put it inside a memory card reader...
    P.S. : i'm upgrading my OS to 4.5.0.306
    hope something good happens !!
    thanx again guys, and if someone could have something new, please keep us updated
    02-18-10 09:15 PM
    genius-berrieeeeeeeees....
    where are you :-( ??
    02-18-10 09:22 PM
    If you are using your BlackBerry connected to a networked PC, it's possible you have a drive letter conflict due to adding some additional device or drive to your LAN. Disconnect any other USB devices, and disconnect from any networked disks and see if you can now see your BlackBerry.
    02-18-10 09:40 PM
    the problem is still the same.
    I actually turned off my WiFi conxn, and uplugged anyother USB devices.
    When I plug the BB, my PC can see the BB as a device and when i checked the device manager on Windows, my BB was on the USB part.But I couldn't start the mass storage thing..
    I will try it on another PC , although i'm not very optimistic.
    Thanks for your reply and help again !
    02-18-10 09:53 PM
    So when you plug your BB in to a PC, a drive letter for Blackberry doesn't show in Windows Explorer?
    exactly as you say
    02-18-10 10:04 PM
    I tried it on another PC, and unfortunately, nothing new...the same dilemma !!
    02-19-10 10:55 AM
    Are you a BES user? Is your BlackBerry supplied by your employer? If so, the IT admins may have pushed an IT Policy that disables the Media Card. That's a fairly common IT Policy restriction. It's done for security reasons, since the IT Admins can't remotely wipe the card or prevent its removal from the device.
    02-19-10 10:59 AM
    I have no idea about what you are talking about !!
    i'm actually using my BB in a country that has no any blackberry options or data plan, and I bought my BB unlocked, and everything was ok untill i had an issue with the wifi that made me re-install the OS, and after that, the drama began !
    02-19-10 11:07 AM
    Ok. You're not a BES user and you don't have an IT Policy problem. What happened that made you reinstall the OS? Did you install the same version you were previously using, or did you upgrade to a new version?
    02-19-10 11:36 AM
    well, i actually use maybe only 20% of my BB potentials.
    the problems started when i wanted to upgrade my Doc to go and install the Pdf to go since i use so many books during my night shifts and rotations, and to have books and drug doses on your finger tip is sometimes priceless !!!
    I used to have everything easily installed in the USA.
    however, when i wanted to install the PDF to go, i had to connect my BB to a wifi access, specially that my BB can't see my home Ad-Hoc network !
    my BB kept giving me problems with the wifi connection, and upon request from one of the guys in the forum, I reinstalled the OS, but the new verion 4.5.0.182..i don't know my old version since my BB is still virgin till i installed the new OS.
    Eventually, the WIFI worked properly - from a router, and not from my Ad-Hoc network at home, which is a problem that i was going to ask you Mr.Jeff about later on !! - but my PCs at home,and other PC that are not connected to any network before as you asked me to do, couldn't solve the problem...
    thanks for your help again
    Last edited by Dr.george; 02-19-10 at 11:51 AM.
    02-19-10 11:48 AM
    Can you try a different Media Card? Borrow one from a co-worker long enough to see if you can read it? If you can't borrow a different card, can you put your Media card in a card reader to see if a PC can see it that way? Is there anything on the card now that is not backed up to PC? If everything is backed up, you can attempt to reformat the card and see if that makes it readable.
    02-19-10 02:10 PM
    i tried a different media card on my BB, and nothing happened..
    I was thinking about formating the media card, but the problem is that i can't back it up since i can't see it and copy-paste everything to a folder on my PC. Add on that, can you imagine an empty media card that I can't add anything to it???
    02-19-10 02:19 PM

You need a reader to connect your Micro SD card directly to your PC.

SanDisk - MobileMate Micro Media Card Reader - SDDR-121-A11M
    02-19-10 02:33 PM
    i know.
    but i was ok, and so do most of bb users, without it & being able to connect directly.
    thanks anyway & thanks Mr. Jeff for your help & replies
    Last edited by Dr.george; 02-19-10 at 02:59 PM.
    02-19-10 02:36 PM
    i know.
    but i was ok, and so do most of bb users, without it & being able to connect directly.
    i don't have to be as brilliant as you to figure that out !!
    but thanks anyway & thanks Mr. Jeff for your help & replies
    You're welcome. Even in spite of your sarcasm.
    02-19-10 02:40 PM
    You're welcome. Even in spite of your sarcasm.
    i didn't mean it the way you think
    thanks again for your help & I think its the only way to solve this problem
    02-19-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD