I simply want to take a picture on my phone and send it to a friend's phone. I thought I did that by choosing MMS text but it never sends it - it always ends up on my text list with an X next to it. Do I need to enable something or change a setting? I have unlimited everything on my plan. I am trying to send it to another BB so I now they have picture capabilities.

This forum always solves my silly little problems - hopefully, someone knows what's wrong with my phone (or me!)
    09-26-07 11:11 AM
    I had the same issue and it took me forever to figure out. You need to change the picture size from large to small. For some reason, it wont send large pictures over MMS, only email. I think you can keep the quality setting on high. This should fix the problem. Let me know how it works out.

Best�
    09-26-07 11:50 AM
    Thank you! I'm so excited...so close to getting it to work. One problem - how do I change the picture size?
    09-26-07 12:25 PM
    Found the option. Now I'll try to send MMS. Hope it works!
    09-26-07 01:40 PM
    sorry for the late response; press the "blackberry" key when in camera mode and select “options”
    09-26-07 02:22 PM
    I'm sure glad someone asked this.....thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-07 08:46 PM
    I was having the same problem but then I changed the picture size to Medium, (I think) and then I was able to send pics. BUT, I already had some pictures that were taken in the large mode that I really wanted to send in a text. I couldnt find an option that would let me "Resize" a picture that I had already taken. Can you Resize a picture in the Curve to a smaller size?????
    09-27-07 01:09 AM
    I had the same problem - I already have pictures on my phone that are large size. I ended up emailing them to myself and then changing the size on my computer and then sent the pictures back to my phone. I don't think there is a way on the phone to change the resolution of a picture once it is taken.

I haven't had a chance yet to see if changing my pictures from large to small fixes the MMS problem but I suspect it will.
    09-27-07 07:36 AM
    You can change the camera options to make it take smaller pics to begin with... I don't think you can edit them on the device, though.
    09-27-07 08:26 AM
    I purchased a Blackberry Curve a couple of weeks ago and had trouble sending picture texts. I called and was on with technical support and Blackberry support for over two hours. They finally told me it was a device problem. I took it back and got another one only to find it having the same problem. In what took 2 hours on the phone, another several hours just playing with and alot of stress that my new, beautiful Curve was defective, I was able to find the solution to my problem within a few seconds on this forum. Wish I'd looked here first. Thank you for solving my problem.
    09-28-07 11:18 AM
    My friend had the same issue with his T-mobile Pearl and we fixed his issue...but I can't seem to get anything to work on my Verizon 8130 Pearl...it's killing me, really.

I went in and talked to the store guys (I know, I'm dumb, but I really was getting annoyed) and they said they had no idea (but I got a new phone out of the deal). Anyone with Verizon having this issue and manage to fix it?

(Also, I tried sending every combination of picture, even small on awful quality and still no go).
    11-22-07 07:35 PM
    i have the pearl 8130 and there isnt even a MMS option can anyone help?
    11-28-07 08:56 PM
    I had the same issue and it took me forever to figure out. You need to change the picture size from large to small. For some reason, it wont send large pictures over MMS, only email. I think you can keep the quality setting on high. This should fix the problem. Let me know how it works out.

Best�
    Not sure if this is the BEST solution. I have always had my BlackBerry camera settings configured to take the highest resolution pictures with the largest file format, I have never had a problem sending an MMS over a standard network. I have T-Mobile and no data plan.
    12-14-08 12:03 AM
    hmm what company are you on? I use verizon and an 8330 and i have no problem sending large pictures i do it all the time. (lol dam hitting space bar twice in here doesnt add a period >.< how annoying lol)
    12-14-08 01:02 AM
    Sprint has no mms on blackberries. Verizon has the best mms because they don't have the file size limits that other carriers have.
    12-14-08 01:27 AM
    why did we bring back up a YEAR OLD thread?
    12-14-08 09:44 AM
    why did we bring back up a YEAR OLD thread?
    Because it good to see someone that used the "search" feature to find a possible solution, there is no time limits on threads, it doesnt matter.
    12-14-08 09:47 AM
    i have a blackberry 8330 curve with sprint
    i made all of me pictures to small and when i go to send it, it says no current contacts....i have hundreds of contacts. what are they talking about????...

someone please help
    12-15-08 07:46 PM
    I've had the same problems, only its hit or miss. I havent changed a thing, I just keep my fingers crossed!
    12-15-08 07:54 PM
    I'm happy to know I'm not alone in this frustrating venture, but despite all the great knowledge, I've tried everything on here and it's not working.

Battery pulls, different picture sizes, text options.... WTF!?
    12-28-08 01:49 AM
    I've been having this problem just recently also. As per previous post my picture settings are set fine and it atill won't. Also, when I receive pictures they come as a link with a password, not the picture like it used to. What's weird is we're all on different carries. RIM! What are you doing to us?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 02:32 AM
    This isn't a RIM issue. It's a carrier issue.
    12-28-08 07:48 AM
    see that was like me i was having no trouble sending big file pictures but all the sudden i couldnt i think it has to do with my signal when i was sending them it was 1xev with a full signal bar now its just 1x with a full signal bar does this have to do with my problem im on the verizon plan and how do i get my 1xev back??
    01-26-09 08:54 AM
    This hasnt been a huge issue for me up until about a month ago. Now it is becoming a real hassle. Its more miss than hit for me, and even sending plain, text only messages are getting worse. Ive watched the phone try to send a message it starts to send the message and talks back and forth with the tower... and this can go on for a minute or so. then a red 'x'. I was gonna chalk it up to another reson to boot nextel, guessinng its the carrier but it now sounds as though it could be a software(?) problem. Is it possible 3g messages are given priorityover our slower signal and then our messages eventually just time out?
    01-27-09 08:57 AM
    im new to all this sop i may be in the wrong section to be asking this question but i have a alltel blackberry curve 8300 and i cant se4nd pics or videos ive tried setting the camera to taking small pics but even that hasnt worked i have had this same problem b4 and i went to the blackberry site and downloaded somthing to make it work and it did but i have got a new one since then so what do i do???
    pls help
    05-15-09 01:37 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD