What is OS 4.5 and how do I get it? do I need it?
    10-05-08 02:57 PM
    OS 4.5 is an Operating System (the s/ware that make your phone work)
    that has not been officially released by AT&T.
    There are links to other carrier versions on the front page of
    this section.

Do you need it? No. It is my suggestion that you spend some
    time getting to know how your phone works before attempting
    the upgrade though.

It isn't terribly difficult, but as with most thing tech related
    there are things that can go very wrong.

You might want to start off by reading the 101 Lecture in my sig.
    10-05-08 03:03 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BlackBerry is currently updating and refining the device OS software.

The various carriers are in the process of testing and approving it for use on their networks. When your carrier approves it, it will be available to install on existing models.

The improvements are substantial and well worth the effort to upgrade your device.

• � Video recording.

� Voice note recording.

� Open, edit and save Microsoft Office documents.

� Improvements to e-mail that improve the appearance of HTML formatted messages.

� Improvements to the Internet Browser that improve the appearance of web pages.

� Improvements to Address contacts that include personal setting like Birthdays and Anniversary dates.

� Improvements to Calendar to display contact information and improve the appearance.

� Improvements to Media Center include Play lists, an equalizer and more media file formats.

BlackBerry has released an automated upgrade that simplifies the process.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

Please note, this has only been tested on Rogers currently released software, but it should work correctly with all the carriers. It uses your device PIN number to direct you to the correct carrer.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-05-08 at 03:11 PM.
    10-05-08 03:05 PM
    A G and Reed have it right but I'l just add that I too think that you should wait a while until you know your phone a bit better and you have been around these forums a while longer.

As A G said, the process is not all that complicated but, it is complex and there are pitfalls that if you get wrong, then you could end up with what's known around here as a bricked phone. Now, even that is not serious and we can help you re-build the phone. However the process is a lot easier if all involved know what is supposed to be happening.

Read in here and ask any questions you want. Searching these forums is good too because most questions that you have will almost certainly have been asked by other inquiring minds.

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    10-05-08 03:17 PM
    Guys thank you very much, I will just get more familiar with my BB first!
    10-05-08 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD