I work at a small office. I've been here since November '08 and my phone was acting perfectly fine until two weeks ago. My phone has always been set by my desk and it's been fine but recently, my phone started overheating and my battery life kept getting drained. In three hours, I was on my last bar when I fully charged it with my wall charger the night before. This has never happened anywhere else or near any other computer. The computer I use at work is a Dell. Can anyone tell me why this started happening all of a sudden? And why only at work it happens???
    03-24-09 11:35 AM
    did you install any new apps recently? some apps that work in the background like to stay open and pull data and eat up your battery.. thats one thing that might be it...
    03-24-09 11:37 AM
    I know in my office building there is a severe lack of service. This causes my phone to eat more battery, as it is trying to look for service. This will in turn cause the battery to get warmer, as it is being used more.

I would recommend shutting down all applications that use data if you do not have "good" service.
    03-24-09 11:56 AM
    I know in my office building there is a severe lack of service. This causes my phone to eat more battery, as it is trying to look for service. This will in turn cause the battery to get warmer, as it is being used more.

I would recommend shutting down all applications that use data if you do not have "good" service.
    or using connection manager to turn off all data services altogether instead of individual apps.
    03-24-09 12:59 PM
    Ie read posts where as the phone gets hot/warm, the battery is bad.
    03-24-09 01:08 PM
    Do you keep your BB connected to your PC when you're in the office? If so, it sounds like your BB is not charging properly which is causing the heat, especially if it's in a case like a silicone glove. If you overheat the battery for too long the battery will get fried and not hold a charge. The heat is literally expanding the battery causing the chemical reaction that produces the electricity to be less efficient, thus your battery charge dies rapidly.
    03-24-09 03:07 PM
    im having the same problem. no apps on there just baisc stock os and battery is drained and phone gets hot to the point it can burn my fingers right off. oh well my bold is the fine replacement for now.
    03-25-09 02:05 PM
    dont go to work
    03-25-09 02:11 PM
    i dont charge my phone at work and i have good service in the office and i havent downloaded any new applications
    03-30-09 12:27 PM
    So while your BB is just sitting on your desk it gets hot?
    03-30-09 12:59 PM
    Give a new battery a try, no harm in trying.
    03-30-09 01:02 PM
    Give a new battery a try, no harm in trying.
    agreed, get a new battery, might just be a battery problem then
    03-30-09 01:06 PM
    agreed, get a new battery, might just be a battery problem then
    First thing I thought when I read the post...new battery. Wouldn't hurt to try.
    03-30-09 01:08 PM
    Its your battery. My best guess is that when you charge it at night you sleep while its charging....not a good thing to keep your bb plugged in like that for hours on end every night. Time to get a new battery.
    03-30-09 03:52 PM
    Not sure I agree that charging every night is bad. I have always put mine on the charger each night FOR YEARS. Never an issue. Either way its likley the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 03:55 PM
    If you notice once the BB is charge it stops charging so I dont agree with that statement.
    03-30-09 04:00 PM
    Yep, Lithium Ion batteries have a circuit protector that prevents the battery from becoming overcharged, so leaving it on a charger all night will not cause any damage to the phone or battery.
    03-30-09 04:12 PM
    +3 on LiON batteries.
    03-30-09 06:07 PM
    well at first i thought it was my phone that was no good so they sent me a new phone, it worked fine then it started overheating again i call t-mobile again so they said maybe its the battery, so they sent me new battery work good for like 4 days now its heating up gain i dont know what else to do
    03-30-09 10:32 PM
    Woah same problem on two phones and two diffrent batteries? I guess bits time to change the owner not the phones hehe.

No for real you should take it to the store and have their tech check it out.

03-30-09 11:00 PM
    well at first i thought it was my phone that was no good so they sent me a new phone, it worked fine then it started overheating again i call t-mobile again so they said maybe its the battery, so they sent me new battery work good for like 4 days now its heating up gain i dont know what else to do
    And you do not have your BB connected to your PC via USB, correct?
    03-31-09 06:47 AM
    Maybe the pc is overheating and blowing air onto the phone, that is if it is close enough to the laptop.

03-31-09 09:43 AM
    I have been reading these posts. My blackberry 8300m overheats frequently. I'm considering a new battery, but I got this phone brand new. My carrier is not eager to give out new batteries.
    04-17-09 02:30 PM
    Location-specific drain, not the device, not the battery. Turn off bluetooth and see if it stops. If so, set your computer BT so it doesn't try to autodiscover and see if a coworker got a new BT-capable device around the time it started.
    04-18-09 07:43 PM
    this was happening to me for a while too...then i realized that my phone was sitting next to the heat fan on my laptop. i moved it back on my desk 6 inches and voila! no more heat problem!
    04-20-09 09:45 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD