I got my first BB about 2 weeks ago or so. Its the Curve 8310. Yesterday after work my i tried making a call and it would not connect. I noticed that instead of saying EDGE in the right corner (i am with at and t) it said GSM. Every time tried making a call it would say cannot connect. Then the GSM switched to SOS. I stopped by the at and t store right before they closed and the guy said come back today after i get off and if need be they will give me a new one since i had just got this about 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone ever had this happen or know what may have caused this??

sorry typo mean to say in the subject my BB IS broke...just a little frustrated!!!!
    06-21-08 08:24 AM
    Try this pull the battery out with the phone on for 30 seconds and put it back in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 08:27 AM
    I had similar problems due to my sim card when I went from my 7290 to an 8700. I got a new sim card and everything worked great. You can contact t-mobile and they can actually open a ticket with RIM, if you are really curious as to what is happening with your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 08:29 AM
    cool cool thanx. YEah i was thinking it may be the sim card. We tried last night pulling the battery out a few times but still did the same thing.
    06-21-08 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD