a weird thing has been going on with my BB curve over the last couple of weeks. when i am in an area with no sprint pcs coverage, of course the email and internet functions dont work; no surprise there. but when i move back into an area with full sprint pcs coverage, i STILL don't get my push mails and the internet doesnt hook up. i clicked on the "manage connections", and it shows "mobile network--sprint" and when i check service status, it shows that both voice service and BIS are connected. when i simply turn the device off and then back on, i still dont get my emails or internet. the only thing that seems to fix the problem is the old trusted battery pull. i pull it, put it back, turn the thing back on, and once it goes through it's 4 minute boot up dealeo, i suddenly (and finally) get all of my emails at once, and the internet works.

does anyone know what the problem is? ive had to pull the battery about 4 times over the past 10 days ...

thanks!
    Last edited by m a x i m u s; 04-09-09 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typo
    04-09-09 11:47 PM
    Next time just reregister the HRT (Host Routing Table).

Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, Enter, press Menu, Register Now.

It takes less than a minute and you should get a confirmation email right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-10-09 at 03:08 AM.
    04-10-09 02:32 AM
    And instead of battery pulls, you can do the Alt-Shift-Del key combo to reset your BB without pulling the battery.

Or you can d'load the free app called QuickPull from the CB store which also resets your BB w/o pulling the battery.

04-10-09 02:34 AM
    04-10-09 02:43 AM
    Lol. Thx. I'll let you do the heavy lifting since I'm on wap.

04-10-09 02:45 AM
    Lol. Thx. I'll let you do the heavy lifting since I'm on wap.

lol.. no prob.. copying and pasting links on wap is a major pain in the @$$
    04-10-09 02:46 AM
    im the link king tonight!!!!
    this is for quickpull:
    QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but here's the link for the latest version of QP.

QuickPull v2 (BETA) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    04-10-09 07:02 AM
    I'm going to try d'loading the battery pull app, but I have experienced the same thing you have. I can get into full coverage and no BIS - and BIS says it's not connected. Battery pulling is the only thing that gets it back.
    04-10-09 07:24 AM
    I'm going to try d'loading the battery pull app, but I have experienced the same thing you have. I can get into full coverage and no BIS - and BIS says it's not connected. Battery pulling is the only thing that gets it back.
    Have you tried registering the HRT as detailed above?
    04-10-09 07:25 AM
    thanks for all of the info, folks! i havent tried any of these yet bc i havent had the problem yet, but i definitely will try both suggestions.

has anyone else had this issue, though? i was wondering if something was wrong with my phone. i mean, shouldnt the phone hook back up to the network with no problems when going form an area of no service to service? i thought it odd that id have to actually do something in order for it to hook back up instead of it doing it on its own...
    04-10-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD