Seems every time there's something I wanna do it say ur IT doesn't allow this what gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 04:50 PM
    Seems every time there's something I wanna do it say ur IT doesn't allow this what gives?

Are you on the BES? If so, your employer/IT dept is blocking you from using those apps.
    06-24-08 04:56 PM
    If your bb is provided by your employer, it means they have an IT policy controlling the phone. This is very common for employer provided phones. It allows them to control every aspect of your use of the phone, if they wish. If you bought your phone used, it means the previous owner had the policy applied. In that case, there are ways you can remove it. Search the forum for "remove IT policy" and you'll find it. But don't try this if it's an IT policy for your employer. It will be detected the next time you try to access the enterprise, and you could get in serious trouble for violating security.
    06-24-08 04:57 PM
    If your bb is provided by your employer, it means they have an IT policy controlling the phone. This is very common for employer provided phones. It allows them to control every aspect of your use of the phone, if they wish. If you bought your phone used, it means the previous owner had the policy applied. In that case, there are ways you can remove it. Search the forum for "remove IT policy" and you'll find it. But don't try this if it's an IT policy for your employer. It will be detected the next time you try to access the enterprise, and you could get in serious trouble for violating security.

Also to add, it does not have to be a BB provided by your employer. I'm on the BES and mine is not provided by my employer and I get blocked out on certain apps like opera Mini and Viigo. If you connect your BB to their server, you play by their rules.
    06-24-08 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the info but I just bought mine at verizon new just me so I'm on my own plan that's why I'm so confused.

06-24-08 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the info but I just bought mine at verizon new just me so I'm on my own plan that's why I'm so confused.

That seems weird then. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > then scroll down to the bottom and look for IT Policy Name. Is there anything there?
    06-24-08 05:20 PM
    Nope nothine lol

06-24-08 05:27 PM
    Nope nothine lol

Then I don't know why you are getting blocked. Maybe call your carrier and see if they can help you trouble shoot. If not have them connect you to RIM.
    06-24-08 06:02 PM
    Sounds like you definitely need to call customer support.
    06-24-08 06:44 PM
    If you haven't already, be sure you do a battery pull before you call customer support. Nobody mentioned it, because we all went down the BES path. But since it's your bb and you're not on a BES, it's the first thing we should have had you do. Pull the battery with the phone on, leave it out for 30 seconds or so, and put it back. After the phone reboots, see if the problem has gone away.
    06-24-08 07:03 PM
    Tryed it didn't work owell looks like verizon in the morning yippie I'm so excited to wait 2hrs for some BS excuse yeeaaa.... Thx for your help guys

06-24-08 07:06 PM
    Would help if you were specific in your details. Tell us what you try to do (steps you're taking) and then what the EXACT error message is.

I could tell you that I woke up this morning and the sun didn't come up. You'd think I was crazy and surly that couldn't happen... until I told you it was 3am. See what I mean, leaving out the details doesn't allow us to help you.
    06-24-08 07:16 PM
    I am a computer tech and it always amazes me when someone is critical of a FREE service. Peace.

06-24-08 07:19 PM
    I am a computer tech and it always amazes me when someone is critical of a FREE service. Peace.

Just because it's free, it doesn't make it any good. Take for instance the "Free" advice you get in places like Best Buy from those "computer techs". It amazes me how off-base 90+% of it is.
    06-24-08 07:26 PM
    I never said u guys wernt helpful thank you for ur advice guys I did know a few things u guys said. Its verizon that's the issue they don't like me lol. You guys are helpful I didn't mean anything bad torwards you it just came out wrong.

06-24-08 09:01 PM
    The 2hr wait for a bs excuse was my prediction for tommorw at verizon not here I love the site and come here prob 900 times a day!

06-24-08 09:03 PM
    I never said u guys wernt helpful thank you for ur advice guys I did know a few things u guys said. Its verizon that's the issue they don't like me lol. You guys are helpful I didn't mean anything bad torwards you it just came out wrong.

Don't worry about it. I'm not sure if ya-ya thought you were criticizing us, or if he was upset because you were criticizing Verizon. Good luck with getting your problem fixed, and I'm sorry we couldn't solve it this time.
    06-24-08 09:12 PM
    Its all good its nice to know there's a bunch of ppl willing to help! And for verizon not critisising all just the stores around me are idiots, but not all.

06-24-08 09:15 PM

We know you did not! Good luck!
    06-24-08 09:15 PM
    welcome to CB..heres some helpful info>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-24-08 09:26 PM
    I am on Bis, and I got the error message that the IT policy for my firewall was not allowing Mobireader to run correctly. I still can not figure it out
    06-25-08 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD