My problem: My 8310 will not standby/lock when it is holstered.

What I've tried: The obvious, Options > Security > General Settings > Lock Upon Holstering = Yes. I will put it in the holster wait a good 30 seconds - 1 minute, then push on the holster to hit a letter and see if the address book opens up and it does (from my understanding it shouldn't if locked) My guess is maybe I just have a junk holster (it is magnetic) or maybe something with the battery...

I have searched and just couldn't find much, this forum is great and full of knowledge so figured i'd give it a shot..
    04-24-10 08:46 PM
    If you have a magnet see if it connects magnetically with the holster. It is possible that the holster got demagnetized.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-24-10 09:12 PM
    yeah the magnet sticks to the holster should i stick the magnet to the back of the phone? lol or is that a bad idea?
    04-24-10 09:16 PM
    You can try running the magnet across the phone to see it it goes to sleep.

I saw another thread where somebody had the same problem yesterday.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-24-10 09:34 PM
    Yeah tried that no luck, I actually have a spare one so I tried that to and it didn't work.. any other ideas? lol
    04-24-10 09:53 PM
    One of the things i've done that i read on here, was disable the event log from making logs, pretty sure thats irrelevant though
    04-24-10 10:21 PM
    Got a new holster today, thats what the problem was lol, thanks all who tried to offer some help :]
    05-01-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD