I've been working in the field today and before coming home I sent my girl a message and she replied. My screen was black, like it usually gets after a few seconds of non use. I pressed buttons and the blackberry didn't respond. I took off the battery, turned it back on. My scroll wheel was working but I would click the icons and nothing would happen. I turned it off a couple of times and still nothing was working. I got home and took off the battery and the sim card, let it sit for 30 minutes turned it back on and everything works.

Is this normal?

Should I do the software update again?
    03-06-09 06:39 PM
    Possibly. Also if you have a memory card take it out for a bit
    and see if you can duplicate the freeze. If it does not freeze
    the card or the contents on it might be the problem.
    03-06-09 06:42 PM
    I don't have a memory card. But I'm downloading the bb software right now on a pc. It sucks that bb doesn't support mac.
    03-06-09 06:43 PM
    Also are you watching how much memory you have? Options/status file free. It could be a few different things but some have troubles from not closing apps properly. They just hit the back button or the end call key. Try closing your apps by hitting the menu key then select close. Theres a link for memory optimization in my signature. Its worth a read. Definitely follow Amazings advice. I just thought I'd toss another thought out there for you.
    03-06-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD