Hi all,

I've had a good search of the forums and couldn't find an answer to this, although I'd have thought it'd be in there somewhere - sorry if I'm repeat posting!

I bought an 8300 curve (on o2 UK) off ebay... It all boots up fine, finds the network ok, allows me to browse all of the menus BUT it won't actually make or receive calls. It shows O2 as the network provider, and also shows full signal, but just comes up "call failed" as soon as I hit the green key after dialling a number. When calling to my number (which works fine on another handset) from another phone, it also fails.

Have I bought a phone which has been blocked? Or have a just missed a step in the setup?

If it's blocked, am I correct in thinking that there's nothing I could do about it? If I was to network-unlock it, could I use my Orange sim in it?

Thanks for your help )
    11-18-07 05:55 AM
    I have the similar problem.
    I am new to the phone and its driving me nuts.
    My curve 8320 was fine until i connect it to my desktop. I realised i am unable to make any calls after disconnecting and recieved the same message "Call Fail".
    it somehow became normal again after 1 hour. So frustrating. I searched everywhere but unable to find any answers.

Would appreciate if someone could be kind enough to explain the problem and how to prevent or reactivate the phone feature should it go dead again.

Thanks a million
    11-26-07 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD