so i'm now on my third blackberry and i've had it less than a week and it's already having problems. i take great care of it, and it has not been dropped or gotten wet. I am now up for my fourth replacement, and I'm wondering... I know a few people who have had no problems, yet mine seem to be constant... is it possible that the problems could stem from my battery or sim card? they have been in all the phones that have gone bad.

thanks.
    06-18-08 10:33 AM
    Keep trying til you get it right. What OS are you running. I know some other members have talked about Beta OS frying their sims cards.
    06-18-08 10:36 AM
    i'm running whatever OS ships stock with the BBs now. incedentally, how can i check on that?
    06-18-08 10:46 AM
    Yes it is absolutely possible that your battery could be a problem. But you haven't really stated what problems you are having so I don't know for sure.
    06-18-08 10:47 AM
    What problem are you actuallu having?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 10:51 AM
    BBs aren't perfect, I'm on my second Curve VZW in a month - and looking at turning this one in. The first one had two issues.
    1) If I played any video, shot on phone or not, the speaker would go away and I'd have to pull the attery.
    2) If I had a Bluetooth device installed, whether or not it was being used, I had no MMS receive.

This new phone is a week old. It seems to be completely MMS functional, but the "b" key sometimes requires 2 or 3 tries to succeed. I'm hoping it gets etter, ut I've complained about it already.
    06-18-08 11:11 AM
    here are my issues:
    phone 1) clickwheel stopped clicking. then text input and menus went awry. keys typed wrong characters or had extreme delays before responding.

phone 2) same basic stuff, accept at an excellerated rate of decline. the only other malfunction was that once i clicked the wheel, the phone would continue to ramdomly repeat that action. sometimes 10 or 20 times in a row.

phone 3) none of the above, thank god, but this one restarts itself about a minute into every call. this problem began the day i got it.
    06-18-08 01:16 PM
    BBs aren't perfect, I'm on my second Curve VZW in a month - and looking at turning this one in. The first one had two issues.
    1) If I played any video, shot on phone or not, the speaker would go away and I'd have to pull the attery.
    2) If I had a Bluetooth device installed, whether or not it was being used, I had no MMS receive.

This new phone is a week old. It seems to be completely MMS functional, but the "b" key sometimes requires 2 or 3 tries to succeed. I'm hoping it gets etter, ut I've complained about it already.
    I had the same issue with the R key on my first curve I took it back haven't had a single problem since. I would say take it back and get a new one. But since then my berry has held up to falling, sweet dust 105 plus degree days on the water and so on. I'm a bit tough on phones but it's not a good phone if it can't hold up IMO. Better luck to you just a thought I've heard allot of bad things about the VZW 8330 apparently the build quality is not up to par, least that's what others have said.
    06-18-08 01:36 PM
    Im on my 4th as well.
    had probs such as:

restart at will, restart on calls

crystals growing under screen, bottom left of screen. that one confused everyone and was interesting.

and then i also had the button thing.

so needles to say I want a bold... and I cant wait.
    06-18-08 01:42 PM
    wow, sounds like troubles are common. wonder why these phones are rated so highly. i guess when they work, they are awesome so...
    06-18-08 01:44 PM
    here are my issues:
    phone 1) clickwheel stopped clicking. then text input and menus went awry. keys typed wrong characters or had extreme delays before responding.

phone 2) same basic stuff, accept at an excellerated rate of decline. the only other malfunction was that once i clicked the wheel, the phone would continue to ramdomly repeat that action. sometimes 10 or 20 times in a row.

phone 3) none of the above, thank god, but this one restarts itself about a minute into every call. this problem began the day i got it.
    weird stuff, I've never heard of any of these issues but my suggestion try returning it to a different store the batch at the store you've been going to my all have issues I mean no one has that bad of luck right. If your within 30 days att will let you replace the phone for whatever resin "I don't like the color" at any of there stores, I would still call to make sure it's ok and that they have on in stock. once you do replace it make sure everything is ok before you leave.

just another thought you said you used the same bat in all 3 do you have and extended bat or something, if so have you tried using the one that it came with to see if the issues go away?
    06-18-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD