I love my new BB 8330 Curve!! I have a newb question. Is there a way to mute the phone with a single button?? My old phone I was able to mute everything with a touch of a button (hold down * I think), so I could mute the phone without even looking.
    Thanks for all the great help!
    Scott
    07-07-08 10:51 AM
    Yes Scott the button on the top of your phone will enable you to mute it during a call. I think thats what you were asking.
    07-07-08 10:53 AM
    There's a button on the top edge of your phone which is the official mute button else you could also press the volume down key to mute it.
    07-07-08 10:53 AM
    I tried the standby button on the top of the 8330, but my ringer still rings when I receive calls. I was hoping that would work, cuz I could do that with out looking at the BB. I was also hoping I could just turn down the volume all the way like my old phone also, but my BB does nothing when I turn down the volume button unless I am on a call. Let me know what yo think.
    Thanks for all the help
    Scott
    07-07-08 11:10 AM
    I think he is asking to make his phone "silent"...

Go to Profiles... and select Quiet

There is no "one button" way...
    07-07-08 11:13 AM
    Or put it in a holster and set your "in holster" settings to vibe or silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 11:52 AM
    Or put it in a holster and set your "in holster" settings to vibe or silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is an exellent solution. I was going to mention that before

Of course, OP, you would still have to go thru the profiles settings to do this...
    07-07-08 11:54 AM
    Do you use the left convenience key? If not go to profiles and set the phone to "Off". Then go to options (the spanner/ wrench icon) and scroll to screen/ keyboard, then scroll to "Left side convenience key opens" and scroll down to "profiles (off)", select that then save the changes. I haven't tried this myself, and wonder if it might not work when you go up and change the profile back to normal. Plus, if it does work, then you won't have a shortcut key to get back to normal. Worth a try though.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve_S_T; 07-07-08 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to sign my name.
    07-07-08 12:32 PM
    That, of course, assumes you use a holster......unfortunately, I don't.

A lot of us have been searching for a simple way to toggle the BB Curve between vibrate/ring mode (e.g holding down the '*' key on most LG or Motorola phones). Apparently, there isn't one, although the BB Pearl does have that functionality. There is no reason why the Curve can't have this put into it's OS!!! RIM...are you listening???

The simplest I have found for my use (and this assumes you are using the Today Theme, I've never used the Zen, L, or Icon Themes): from the Home Scren all you need to do is move your trackball all the way to the right and the Profile icon is automatically highlighted, click it and the Profiles pop up, move the cursor down to Vibrate and click it. All done, in only 2 clicks....now if RIM could just provide that by holding down only 1 key......
    07-07-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD