OK I have searched and didnt find anything to help me with my problem. I am trying to get a playlist or even songs off my iTunes acct and put them onto my 8gb micro SD. I have tried it though DM and my playlist doesnt show up. Bought the 8gb card so I could put music and a movie or two on but that hasn't happened yet. Appericate any help I can get.
    02-04-10 10:58 AM
    Couple of things. Are you using Media Sync through DM or Media Manager? More important, is the playlist comprised of iTunes purchases with DRM protection. If so, the playlist won't sync, because BB doesn't support DRM music. It can only be played on an iPod.
    02-04-10 11:15 AM
    yup using the media sync.....some songs I did get off of iTunes so I am not sure about the DRM. If so, what would I have to do to get on my 8330?
    02-04-10 11:51 AM
    When did you purchase the music? iTunes stopped selling DRM coded music about 18 months ago or so.

If they have DRM, you can google for ways to remove DRM, burn the tracks to a CD and reimport them, or upgrade the songs to iTunes plus which allows you to download non DRM copies of the same songs.

Media Sync won't copy DRM music, but it should copy the non DRM tracks in the play list. You can manually copy the DRM tracks to your BB, but they won't play.
    02-04-10 12:20 PM
    all your music can't be DRM...

is your DM recognizing your BB? and do you have OS 4.5.0.138 or greater? earlier versions don't support larger SD cards.
    does your iTunes open up when you open Media Sync?

also, make sure you've checked the playlists (and sub-playlists) you want to sync. the approach that's worked best for me is to create a new playlist just for the BB, then copy songs & playlists i want into it, then sync the BB playlist.
    02-04-10 12:39 PM
    Any version of 4.5 supports 8Gb SD cards.
    02-04-10 02:15 PM
    I am running 4.5.0.175, and no my iTunes dosen't open when I open media sync, most likely cause it is already open though. I will try and do a new playlist just for my BB. I will try tonite and let you guys know how it goes.
    02-05-10 08:07 AM
    Thanks. Keep us posted.
    02-05-10 11:44 AM
    I will, gonna to create another playlist and try that.
    02-05-10 01:53 PM
    OK well it work. Just created a new playlist and use Media Sync instead of DM. Some of the songs didn't cross over cause of the DRM, oh well. Thanks guys for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD