I've posted about this issue before, but it's back again.

Basically, I've loaded a bunch of music onto my memory card, but when I browse through my list of artists or whatnot, a bunch of stuff simply doesn't show up. This, to me, is simply poor. It just shouldn't happen on a finished, polished device. There's so much about the media player in general that annoys me and leaves me feeling like it's a terrible application, but this is just a basic, flat-out failure.

I think what bothers me the most is that there's nothing that I can do to fix it. If there were an option in the media player that said something like "scan for music files" or "rebuild music database," this would be nothing more than a minor annoyance. But there's absolutely nothing I can do but go into the "Explore" mode, which takes a whole lot of keypresses.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

ps- oh, and I forgot to mention that the Roxio Media Manager is a completely ****** program. Seriously, RIM, Roxio makes crap software.

pps- and why the heck* are the transfer rates to the Blackberry so abysmally slow?

*ppps- the forum software edits out h-e-l-l? what kind of prudish language filter is on here?
    Last edited by Garz; 09-18-08 at 02:03 AM. Reason: language
    09-18-08 01:23 AM
    1. Any music transferred to a BB should be free of DRM. Any audio file containing DRM will not show up.

2. If a lot of files are transferred, it may take a while for the BB to cache the index of files.
    09-18-08 01:28 AM
    1. Any music transferred to a BB should be free of DRM. Any audio file containing DRM will not show up.
    Ugh, I'm proud to say my computer is devoid of DRM music. Only my own CD rips. This is also happening with some podcasts I've downloaded straight off their sites. Some of them show up, some don't (and I'm talking about episode-to-episode).

2. If a lot of files are transferred, it may take a while for the BB to cache the index of files.
    Like what, a couple weeks? Example: I transferred three albums by the Strokes onto my Blackberry two months ago. Up until a few days ago, only one of them was showing up, even though I could explore and see the other two and play them. So I deleted all three albums from the device and reloaded them. Now none of them show up.

One more thing: I've tried removing the memory card, powering up the BB, then putting the card back in, and when the BB comes up again nothing has changed.
    09-18-08 01:34 AM
    Battery pull. Take the battery out with the phone ON and leave it out for 30-60 seconds and then put it back.

And you might want to ratchet down your own sh*tty attitude and do some research of your own. This has been discussed ad infinitum.

The file transfer rate has nothing to do with the phone but with
    the card and your computer
    09-18-08 01:35 AM
    And you might want to ratchet down your own sh*tty attitude and do some research of your own. This has been discussed ad infinitum.
    *********. I'm pissed off at my phone, don't take it so personally. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've tried to research it, but I haven't come across any of these myriad discussions you claim exist on these forums.

*edit*

And like I said, I did try pulling the battery, and also removing the memory card between powering up, as suggested the last time I posted this. That's as far as anyone could help then, and I'm posting now to see if there are any new ideas.
    Last edited by Garz; 09-18-08 at 02:02 AM. Reason: flaming
    09-18-08 01:38 AM
    *ppps- the forum software edits out h-e-l-l? what kind of prudish language filter is on here?
    It is filtered because we do not tolerate language like that. We keep it clean. And just because you have frustration, does not mean you tell somebody to screw you. If you talk like that, nobody is going to offer help. Flaming is not tolerated! If I see anything else, I will close this thread.

I have 600 songs on my memory card and never used Roxio. I agree and dont like the program. I just rip the songs and just drag and drop onto my memory card using mas storage mode.
    09-18-08 02:01 AM
    09-18-08 06:55 AM
    If you can explore and see them but in the media player it doesn't show them (or you see things that say 'unknown'), then the problem might be bad tags. Check the MP3 link in my signature and there is a tag editor in there. try that out on the files you are having problems with and then reload them on your device and see what happens.
    09-18-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD