I have a BB Curve 8310 and I purchased a 2gb memory card so that I can add some music to BB. When I try to add music from iTunes I can only add music that I have NOT purchased from iTunes. Any advice on how to 'unlock' these songs so that I can move them over?

Thanks!
    07-29-08 08:12 PM
    google blackberry mediasync

id post a link - but dont have enough posts yet
    07-29-08 08:29 PM
    I have BB Media Sync and that's what I used to move the music over. BB Sync actually prompts you and tells you what songs were not moved over and why. This is how I learned that iTunes songs can't be copied.
    07-29-08 08:41 PM
    I moved over music that was purchased on itunes. There was another post here that explained why some music will not be sync'd but I can't find it. sry.
    07-29-08 08:53 PM
    JDUX did you use Blackberry Media Sync or something else?
    07-29-08 09:09 PM
    Yes i used media sync.
    07-30-08 07:14 AM
    Music files purchased from iTunes are protected files and will only play on IPods as they are. What you can do is burn your purchased iTunes tracks to a music CD that will play in any CD player. Then on your computer, rip the CD tracks to mp3 files and rename them. After this, then you can transfer them to your blackberry and they will play. I know it's a lot of trouble, but it's the only way I know of. That's why I don't purchase music from iTunes anymore. I go with amazon or napster for unprotected mp3 songs that can be played on anything, not just the iPod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 07:40 AM
    I do the same now. For two years, I used iTunes to download music, mostly for my kids. I usually buy CD's. I found the quality to be mediocre as it's sampled at 192Kbps.

However, once Amazon launched their store with the iTunes updater tool, I swore off iTunes. The iTunes tool will copy the mp3 you buy directly into iTunes automatically! Amazon's got 256Kbps mp3's and they're unprotected to I can do whatever I want with music I BOUGHT!

Amazon also has deals on Fridays/weekends. I picked up Synchronicity for $2.99 a few weeks ago.

Although I like my iPod tremendously, I only use the Apple store if I need a podcast or something. Amazon rocks!

That's my $.99 (song price)
    Scott
    07-30-08 07:51 AM
    This is a pretty old subject (about as old as iTunes). What you want to know (as referred to by a few of the previous posts) is how to remove the protection from your protected I(unes purchases. This is most commonly done by changing the format of the file. There are plenty of tools and techbiques described on the web to do this.

Also, I read a post right here in Crackberry land, about an application that emulates a CD-RW drive. This may be used to have iTunes produce MP3s from you playlists of protected songs.

Good luck, using the site search and Google will get you what you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD