Hey Everyone...
    I have a couple of questions about a BlackBerry Curve 8320. The device actually belongs to a co-worker of mine but I told him I'd try and figure a couple of things out for him with your help.

Is there a way on the 8320 to have a separate folder for text messages and for e-mails? On his device he has a folder for his e-mails only (from one account), and another folder that includes his e-mails and his text messages. He is hoping to separate his text messages on their own.

Second. The device was actually handed down to him from our boss. Whenever my co-worker calls anybody it still comes up as a private number. He is wanting to get rid of that so his number will come up when he calls anyone. Is this possible? We have tried calling T-Mobile to get it taken care of, which they said they can do, but it never helped. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I am trying to stop my co-worker from giving up his BB to return to his T-Mobile Dash.
    05-01-09 04:08 PM
    In the messages folder or ss folder, hit options, and their should be a setting for combined folder or separate.

I don't know about about the call blocking the number...
    05-01-09 04:12 PM
    For the Private number issue:

1) Homescreen -> Hit call button (green button)
    2) Hit BB button -> Click Options
    3) (Should be on Phone Options menu) -> Click General Options
    4) Scroll to Restrict My Identity -> Click and change to Always or Network Determined.

Network Determined should work if Tmobile has it set to allow his CallerID to be shown. I have Tmobile and my 8320 is set to Network Determined. If it doesn't work, just check Allow.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by justin_327; 05-01-09 at 04:27 PM.
    05-01-09 04:22 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I will let you know what happens on Monday when I get back in the office.
    05-02-09 11:58 PM
    I am happy to announce that my co-worker will be keeping his 'Berry. Both of the tips listed above fixed the problems. Thank you Justin, and plunkingtom. I appreciate you guys making me look good at work
    05-04-09 11:49 AM
    Great! Save this forum to your favs because he will have more questions for you.
    05-04-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD