I just downloaded BBtran, a translator tool. How do I get my 8330 to show or allow characters from different languages. I am running OS 4.5. I hope you fellow crackberry users can help because I am going overseas and really need this. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:54 AM
    when you ran setup wizard after you upgraded the OS did you delete all other languages? if you did, you will probably have to hook up you phone back to the desktop manager and check off the multilanguages in the app loader and hit next.
    04-21-09 12:32 PM
    BBTran - Communicate People Worldwide! - Free Blackberry Translation & Dictionary Software

BBTran is an easy-to-use on-line multi-translation application that helps users to translate words, phrases and does a dictionary lookup. BBTran supports more than 40 languages (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish etc.) and more than 1000 directions of translation. BBTran acts as a universal tool that consumes different on-line services such Google Translate, Systran, FreeTranslation, Reference.com and that’s why gives user ability to see alternative translations.
    If I understand correctly, this is a text translation tool that will provide text translation.

Screenshots : BBTran - Communicate People Worldwide! - Free Blackberry Translation & Dictionary Software

What happens when you translate "Hello World" into Chinese?
    04-21-09 01:04 PM
    When I type any phrase or question it gives me a list of characters to write it out but they appear as solid black blocks.

04-21-09 02:18 PM
    when I upgraded to 4.5 I didn't do anything except plug into dektop manager. Do I need to install a different version of 4.5?

04-21-09 02:46 PM
    no, just plug in your berry and hit add/remove apps. look through the programs and check off the multilanguage software boxes and then hit next..
    04-21-09 02:54 PM
    when I upgraded to 4.5 I didn't do anything except plug into dektop manager. Do I need to install a different version of 4.5?

If you have the OS installed to your PC, open DM and click on Apploader. Check off the language support boxes for the languages you want on your BB, then click Next in the lower right corner of DM to load the language support to your BB.
    04-21-09 02:54 PM
    Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005] this is the error message I keep getting when trying to update mt 8330. I am seriously at a loss. Not to sound desperate but....HELP!!
    Oh by the way it is the Korean language I am trying to get my 8330 to work with. I don't know if that helps.
    Last edited by DevilDog8330; 04-21-09 at 04:51 PM. Reason: More information
    04-21-09 04:47 PM
    Fixed it !!! All it took was a fully charged battery. Thanks all!!
    Last edited by DevilDog8330; 04-23-09 at 09:14 AM. Reason: smiley
    04-23-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD