I've had my Curve 8310 for a little over a week now. I don't talk on the phone much, but when I do I've had about four different people tell me that I sound "muffled" or that I sound like I'm in another room while talking on the phone. Part of me wonders if it is the plastic case I have on my phone, but I'm not positive. Help?
    05-21-09 04:29 PM
    No its not the case on your phone, this is a common issue with BB's. Many have blamed it on the background noise reduceer while others blame it on the microphone. Some people have returned their phones because of it and claim the new one was better.
    05-21-09 04:45 PM
    No its not the case on your phone, this is a common issue with BB's. Many have blamed it on the background noise reduceer while others blame it on the microphone. Some people have returned their phones because of it and claim the new one was better.
    Oh, Bummer. Thanks.
    05-22-09 12:25 PM
    Oh, Bummer. Thanks.
    you should still be under warranty...go get a new one if the problem is that bad.
    05-22-09 12:33 PM
    you should still be under warranty...go get a new one if the problem is that bad.
    I bought it used. Does that matter?
    05-22-09 01:49 PM
    I would use voice recorder and test it to see how the mic works... If it is muffled there I would check to see if your mic is gummed or clogged up. It also might be that you are not talking into the phone right...
    05-22-09 04:41 PM
    Just whatever you do, don't jam anything into the mic hole.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 05:58 PM
    I would use voice recorder and test it to see how the mic works... If it is muffled there I would check to see if your mic is gummed or clogged up. It also might be that you are not talking into the phone right...
    That's a great idea! Thanks.
    05-23-09 11:29 AM
    some battery covers i think have different cut out for the speaker...try those
    05-23-09 11:43 AM
    I was using the body glove case and people told me the same thing. I took the case off during a call and the main person to complain said the muffled sound was gone and I sounded very clear.
    05-23-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD