I think i might be having a bad time with mms because of missing information. the service book is empyt. there is no ip address for the phone. tmobile is clueless. any help??
    03-15-09 06:06 PM
    Try logging into the TMo website and have them resend your service books.
    03-15-09 06:09 PM
    my bad left out a lot...
    have totally redone my phone..nothing
    sent service books from handheld, website, and customer service...nothing
    have pulled battery more times than i can count
    have pulled the sim
    master wiped
    changed os

nothing. Can't seem to get the mms service book to get any information. its like an empty service book....no tmobile information at all and i can't seem to edit it to imput it myself.
    03-15-09 06:17 PM
    call t-mobile.. its their damn system.. takes 2 - 48 hours to freakin get it hooked up right.
    03-15-09 06:20 PM
    If you have a recent backup, restore it. Your service books get
    saved when you do a backup.
    03-15-09 06:20 PM
    i have talked those boogers like 3 times today. they are clueless..even the pda/blackberry deparment.

does a messed up sim card cause this ever?
    03-15-09 06:21 PM
    another wierd thing is they sent my service books with me on the phone. i sent a message while on the phone. it got the hour glass. i hung up and the message sent. i also recived two i had sent to myself earlier in the day testing. then....i tried again and got the red x again instead of a check mark.
    03-15-09 06:23 PM
    also, t zones don't work at all. i don't know if that matters but im putting any and all info i have out there.
    03-15-09 06:24 PM
    i have talked those boogers like 3 times today. they are clueless..even the pda/blackberry deparment.

does a messed up sim card cause this ever?
    Doubtful. I just looked at my Pearl which currently does not even have
    a SIM card inserted and all the service books are there.
    03-15-09 06:25 PM
    my books are there too. but the mms one is empty. like no information is in there. no numbers.

there is no gateway ip.
    03-15-09 06:28 PM
    ok. i will try an older backup.
    03-15-09 06:34 PM
    but wait. i shouldn't have to do that. t mobile should have working service books right?
    03-15-09 06:39 PM
    how do i imput the gateway IP?
    03-15-09 07:01 PM
    here is another thing. i have been on customer service all day. The guy even contacted RIM. Now they are saying replace the sim card. OK simple enough. Has fixed things before. But what about this little nugget.....my MMS works if I am on WIFI.
    This says to me it may just be a simple matter of a setting missing for WAP or something. What do you guys think?
    03-15-09 09:07 PM
    I am on sprint so i dont know if this helps. Go to manage connections>Mobile Network Options. Then hit the Menu button and choose "Start Provisioning" this fixes all my net errors such as not being able to txt while in a call. But tmo is crap and i have a friend that has it. I would be emo and slit my wrists if i was in Cave-EDGE-man days, you poor soul. Sprint will be 4g this year before tmo will even be 3g
    03-15-09 11:57 PM
    I would slit my wrists too.(if ONLY had EDGE) Good thing: WIFI at school, which is where i spend 3 days a week. Wifi at field placement 2 days a week. Wifi at home, 7 days a week.
    Bad: When riding in a car looking for say..a restuarant. No wifi, live search won't work. T Zones down. Live search down. MMS down, unless im on wifi. Weird. Still sounds like settings issue, not sim. unless sims carry settings.
    Last edited by D_Town; 03-16-09 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarification
    03-16-09 10:40 AM
    I am on sprint so i dont know if this helps. Go to manage connections>Mobile Network Options. Then hit the Menu button and choose "Start Provisioning" this fixes all my net errors such as not being able to txt while in a call. But tmo is crap and i have a friend that has it. I would be emo and slit my wrists if i was in Cave-EDGE-man days, you poor soul. Sprint will be 4g this year before tmo will even be 3g
    I have everything except the start provisioning option. I do see however a diagnostics thingy. Gonna run that. lol
    03-16-09 10:42 AM
    lmao.
    its not too bad sense im usually in a wifi area.
    but when Im not..it can be a little slow.
    03-24-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD