I purchase my mp3's from amazon, and have always been very happy with how easy it was. I just plug in my BB to my computer, and drag and drop them into the music folder.

Recently I swapped out my 1GB card that the BB came with, with a 4GB card. Now, when I download a new song, it doesn't show up on my BB. If I hook up the BB to my computer, it shows the file as being there, but I can't get to the songs to listen to them on my phone.

Any thoughts? Do I need to format this card or something weird like that? I'm confused.

The only other thing I noticed is that the files are staying as the amazon digital music download file, where the others are a winamp media file. However, I haven't changed anything with my downloading procedure.

Thanks in advance!
    10-28-08 10:38 AM
    did you format your new sd card
    10-28-08 12:20 PM
    Yes, format the media card, that should fix both problems, the card is not reading the files correctly.
    10-28-08 12:42 PM
    Okay so I am assuming one is to use the format within the bberry device itself. I do the same and it says the card has been formatted but when connected to the computer (mac) it does not show up and PocketMac indicates that there is no card present.
    10-28-08 12:47 PM
    Rynamite

I had similar issues that I used to resolve with a hard reset, but Ive since found a solution that works for me (I also drag and drop files onto my BB)

What I do is after Im done dragging files into my BB folders (which I do via USB cable thru drive J), is I hit my back button to back out of the folder, then hit back again to back out of drive J (which puts me in my computer that lists all the drives)...I then right click drive J (which I have named Blackberry), and select "eject" from the drop down menu. When I do this, it reverts back to showing drive J as "removable disk" after about 2 seconds, and its all set. I then disconnect the USB cable, and all files I dragged show up every time without having to reset my BB.

Hope this helps
    10-28-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD