I've searched several times already, so if this has already been answered, my apologies. Apparently I haven't stumbled upon the correct combination of keywords to search with.

I have an CDMA 8330 from Cellular South running v. 4.3.0.128 & i can download ringtones from websites such as mytinyphone or myxer but i can't send myself my own mp3's.... I've tried emailing them to the email accounts (aol & yahoo) that i have on my phone and every time I attempt to open the attachment it starts but then it says that an unknown error was encountered and asks if I want to resend. Occasionally, if I select yes, it says that it is retrieving more then the same error happens again.

Is there anyway around this? Do i have to take my micro sd card out and place the file on there "manually" via my pc? I've not yet tried to link my phone to my pc other than backing it up on my hd with the bb software.

Yes, I know I could avoid this whole problem and just buy an mp3 player, but this seems so logical to have everything in one place when I need it, which doesn't require a million extras and features like an ipod touch....

Thanks in advance for your help!
    01-22-09 11:41 AM
    There is an attachment limit of 3mb... Are your mp3s larger than that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:08 PM
    yeap, they sure are.... I didn't know there was a limit!
    Thanks!

Would manually putting them on my micro sd and reinserting that back into my phone work? Is that the only way if they're larger than 3 mb's?
    Last edited by edlled; 01-22-09 at 12:12 PM.
    01-22-09 12:10 PM
    You transfer your mp3's without taking the card out of your BB. Connect your BB to your PC with a USB cable, and windows will recognize your BB as a removable drive. You can then drag and drop your music to your BB.
    01-22-09 12:16 PM
    Go to Options - Media Card and make sure Mass Storage Mode Support is on and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is either Yes or Prompt. Then when you connect to your PC via USB you can access your media card like a flash drive. There will be a folder called BlackBerry. Open it and you will find the folders to put music, ringtones, pictures, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD