Hi guys,

New BB 8320 user here. Hello to all.

I'm still getting to grips with this gadget and have a query.

I am running the iBerry theme and have set the SMS and Email inboxes to 'separate'. This obviously means emails now appear in my 'messages' folder and SMSs in the 'SMS' folder. It annoys me that I have to go into the applications screen in order to access the SMS folder and read my messages. Is there not a way of putting this SMS folder on the very front idle screen (currently showing Messages, Calendar, Call Log, Browser, Applications).

I know I can combine emails and SMSs into the Messages folder and have both emails and SMSs appear in the same folder on the idle screen, but I want to keep the two separate and simply display both folders.

Thanks guys.
    01-08-09 06:04 PM
    go to the ap screen, scroll over to your SMS icon, menu key, move, use trackballl to palce it in the first 5 spots on that top row, trackball click will release it. You still stay on the app screen in all this, you dont actually roll it back to the main screen, it will appear when you place it.
    01-08-09 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Rachel - but it doesn't work

FYI, my 'front screen' looks like this:

And my app screen like this (with my SMS icon where the 4th icon is in the image):
    01-08-09 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Rachel - but it doesn't work

FYI, my 'front screen' looks like this:

And my app screen like this (with my SMS icon where the 4th icon is in the image):
    That's the problem, you need to change your theme to the Zen theme, with the 5 icons on the side. The Today theme that you have now won't work.
    01-08-09 06:19 PM
    Ok, thought so.

Thanks for the help.
    01-08-09 06:25 PM
    I didnt know you had a today theme LOL

Usually the icons are customisable on zen, bottom dock and sometimes the todayplus themes
    01-08-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD