I recently purchased a Curve. I own a MacBook running version 10.4.11

Is it possible to download music from my iTunes library? I am having trouble even synching the Curve to the computer.

If it is not possible to synch/download the music files, is there any other way to get this done?

Thanks for helping the new person!
    06-24-08 02:08 PM
    you need a program called missing sync, syncs all your contact calender etc AND itunes playlists. It costs a small amount cant remember how much, it runs sweet on my mac though.

A free mac program is pocketmac for blackberry I tried that, didnt go so well to say the least.

Hope this helps.
    06-24-08 02:30 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

There is an entire Mac section on this forum dedicated to (us) Mac Users!!

You will need The Missing Sync to tranfer music to the Curve. Also, I highly recommend getting a microSD card if you will be using your Curve for media reasons. The device memory will run out really quick if you do not get a memory card!

Another suggestion, although not entirely what you might wanna hear, is to use a Windows machine for syncing. I have been a Mac user and enthusiast my entire life... but I have found this is the simplest way!! (for a number of reasons)

Using Windows, I found, cuts the hassle and frustration of using third party alternatives to sync my Berry with my Mac! Once RIM gets their act together and releases DM for OSX then I will change my mind!

Just head to the Mac Forums and check it out! A lotta good info there for Mac users!!
    06-24-08 02:37 PM
    Music that contains the henious apple DRM will not currently play on the BlackBerry due to apples' restrictive sales policy.

If you drag and drop (can Mac do this?) to the Media Card in Mass Media Mode your non-DRM files mp3 and mp4 will play fine.
    06-24-08 03:17 PM
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I downloaded a free trial of the Missing Synch application and...it works! My entire iTunes library is now on my Blackberry.

You guys (and this site) rule! I got no help from my cell carrier.

I will go and check out the Mac forum for this site. Thanks again for the great tips!

06-24-08 10:39 PM
    I've dragged 'n dropped lots of mp3s and DRM-free iTunes files onto my Curve from my Powerbook using Missing Synch. Works fine.
    06-24-08 11:07 PM
    I've transferred mp3s, and photos, using Bluetooth without any problems.

I also got the free version of Pocket Mac and it works just fine, although you can't move music files with it. If you use Missing Sync it will remove some of Pocket Mac's files - you can't use both programmes on your Mac.
    06-25-08 12:55 AM
    wait wait wait....me confusious....so will songs downloaded from itunes play on a Curve?
    06-26-08 02:42 PM
    wait wait wait....me confusious....so will songs downloaded from itunes play on a Curve?
    Not if you buy them on the iTunes Music Store! They're "protected"/locked and only play on Apple devices. If you want to buy music that will play on your iPod AND your BB, check out Amazon.com MP3 Downloads: Free music, bestselling songs from $.89, most albums $8.99 or lower. Compatible with MP3 players, including the iPod�.
    11-15-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD