I just got a memory card for my curve. I would like to move the pictures that are already stored in device memory over but don't see any option for this. Does anyone know how I can do this?

In addition, is there a way to move third party apps to the card? I was hoping that moving as many things over as possible might speed up the device...

Thanks!
    12-02-07 04:21 PM
    If you're talking about preloaded pics, video and themes, no you can't move them to the card. All apps are stored in device memory too. You cannot use apps from the card. If you use desktop manager or JL Commander you can delete the preloaded video, images and some of but not all themes (I believe).
    12-02-07 05:44 PM
    Thanks for responding. Actually I'm asking about pictures I took with the camera before I had a card in there (now I have it set to store pics I take to the card).

I wish I could run apps from the card like I could with my treo (have a rather large medical program which slowed my bb down once I downloaded it, but it seems like it's now closer to orignal speed- or maybe I just got used to it) - anyway at least this OS is SOOOOO much more reliable! I'm amazed that the network connection, especially with the internet, is never ever a problem (knock on wood).

Does anyone know about moving pics over that were taken on the bb and stored to the device?
    Last edited by bex; 12-02-07 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo
    12-02-07 07:23 PM
    Hey there, go to the media icon then scroll over to pictures, click the menu button and go to explore. You should see device memory, and media card. Go to device memory and select the appropriate folder. Menu click on the file you want to move and select move, navigate your way back up to the top menu where it allows you to select media card and move it over, then delete it from your bb's memory. I am sorry but I don't know how to do them all at once, but you can do this with everything, even your pre loaded ringers. I hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-07 02:04 AM
    Sorry I was a little wrong, I need to correct myself before I get corrected. You can not move over your per loaded ringers, only the ones you have downloaded to your bb.

12-03-07 02:15 AM
    fantastic, thank you so much for the detailed instructions. will try this after work.
    12-03-07 12:35 PM
    thanks so much for posting this! i just got my micro today and now moved everything over
    12-03-07 08:47 PM
    I just purchased the Blackberry 8310 everything is working perfectly fine. The old blackberry curve I have has pictures that I want to transfer to the memory card, How do I go about in doing that?
    01-10-08 11:14 AM
    Go to Media on the old BB... when on the picture, menu, move.

Move all to the Media Card, then move your Media Card.

Good luck.
    01-10-08 11:56 AM
    But when I do that the only folder that I see there is UP. I do not see move to media card or am I missing a step
    01-10-08 01:11 PM
    i was reading the posts above and tried to remove programs using the blackberry manager and it will not find my device and says i am missing software. the only disc i have is the one with bb manager on it. (i bought my bb from a friend who didnt use it) can someone tell me what i am missing or another way to remove preloaded programs?
    03-24-08 09:47 PM
    How do you move more than one file? i have 50 pics on device memory i want ot move to the SD card? Im stumped
    08-19-08 08:54 PM
    How do you move more than one file? i have 50 pics on device memory i want ot move to the SD card? Im stumped
    The easiest way I found was to use Desktop Manager, copy the pictures to a folder on your computer and then copy back down to memory card, not sure if you can copy more than one on the device itself

EDIT: If you do use Desktop Manager you actually don't need to copy to your computer first, just expand the media card section and cut and paste the pics from device to media card.
    Last edited by d-drop; 08-19-08 at 09:28 PM.
    08-19-08 09:17 PM
    sweet thanks for the help i kept trying to move files while i was in the camera i forgot all about the media app. thanks again
    09-03-08 12:46 AM
    The easiest way I found was to use Desktop Manager, copy the pictures to a folder on your computer and then copy back down to memory card, not sure if you can copy more than one on the device itself

EDIT: If you do use Desktop Manager you actually don't need to copy to your computer first, just expand the media card section and cut and paste the pics from device to media card.
    Where do I find desktop manager?
    11-21-08 10:53 AM
    But when I do that the only folder that I see there is UP. I do not see move to media card or am I missing a step
    When I tried moving pictures 1 by 1 from Camera to folders I've created, the phone erased all of my SMS and MMS messages, too.
    11-21-08 10:57 AM
    When I tried moving pictures 1 by 1 from Camera to folders I've created, the phone erased all of my SMS and MMS messages, too.
    I only say "up" also. No move.
    11-21-08 11:04 AM

One shouldn't affect the other. What is your file free number? Go to Options>status and post back what it is

Also, Rudog, once once you open your media icon, and press the menu key and select move, you need to continue to navagate until you get to your media card's directory - press up as much as you need to to get to the card. Then you select the folder you want your picture in, then press menu again and select here.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-21-08 at 11:23 AM.
    11-21-08 11:09 AM
    Often when your sms and mms logs start auto deleting, you have a file free memory problem/leak. You need to take steps to control this. I have posted instructions below to do this. You want to keep your file free number above 12mb or so.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Photo Save to Media Card: Open camera> push menu key> select options> select store pictures on media card. There are also several other photo settings in this menu box.

Now reset your device to free up the most memory:

Soft Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

After you've made room by following the above instructions, look in my signature for the Memory Optimization guide to free up file free memory. here�s another to make file free room: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone
    11-21-08 11:19 AM
    Anybody help with where is media manager? Neither disk I have from Verizon has this?
    11-21-08 02:50 PM
    Your disc will have desktop manager, media manager is part of that and would install along with it. But don't install that version. Go to the BlackBerry site linked in the yellow stickes at the top of the thread. Download the version without media manager. It's too slow. Instead plug your berry in, open my computer, locate the drive assigned to your berry, open it and drag and drop your media files onto your berry. You will need to say yes to enable mass storage mode.

11-21-08 03:10 PM
    I just got the storm today and was wondering if there was any way to transfer pics from my old sd card that i had in my pearl onto the storm?
    11-21-08 04:45 PM
    Now for my question. How do I move all my saved SMS msgs to my new sd card? I read thru this thread, did I just miss the answer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-23-08 02:25 AM
    You can't do that unfortunately.
    11-23-08 07:01 AM
    Nooooo!!! oh man that's a total bummer. thanks.
    11-23-08 01:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD